Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Had a quick play and the few second loss of footage on power off seems to be fixed and the power off disconnect function seems to be working although I haven't tried all the timings yet. :)

Unfortunately though I have tried motion detect on 5 sec and 15 sec cut off and neither worked. It just kept on recording as before.:(

Whilst trying the motion detect 2 text files have appeared. both have the same message as below.:unsure:

Attachments

• Maxi1.jpg
    Maxi1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 15
Whilst trying the motion detect 2 text files have appeared. both have the same message as below.:unsure:
I've never seen that before. Hopefully @Mobius can comment

As a short-term fix until the Maxi Android App v1.0.3 becomes available on the Google Play Store, the .apk file may be downloaded from my Dropbox account.

Edit : The Maxi Android app is now available in the App store

Last edited:
My maxi is once again producing a pink light when my car goes on, nothing records and im missing about 5 days footage.

Any ideas what causing this?

My maxi is once again producing a pink light when my car goes on, nothing records and im missing about 5 days footage.

Any ideas what causing this?

Does it show the same behavior if you use e.g. a powerbank? Plug it in several times to simulate the use in your car.

I've installed the new fw and app. so far i'm really not happy, but haven't tested after some real time recording (yet) :
1.Many times after turning Wifi on (it's a real pain now with Motion Detect & Auto record on power enabled), I can see the phone connects to the Maxi wifi and then the Maxi kind of "chocks" (beep wise), disconnects and returns to yellow..!
2.The app is even worse now - so unstable, some times it had connected but showed me black screen for the live view. other times it got stuck when I switched to the video playback. had to format the sd card to get it working. exiting the app "quietly" with the red button, now doesn't start the recording, and the Maxi changes to standby mode (green led).

Last edited:
The Maxi Android app is now available in the App store

@Mobius

Well my optimism with the update has not lasted long....Took the Maxi out in the car yesterday and some new problems have appeared that were not there before the update and have made it more useless as a dash cam.:mad:

I have the beeps on. Whilst driving the Maxi would give one beep followed by two quick beeps. This is different to the normal start up three beeps and there were no disconnect beeps. It happened after every engine start up but with no discernible pattern.

I have checked the files and the picture is of just one of the times it happened. Journey starts at the bottom with the normal file size (for my settings) of 465,000'ish KB. The journey ends at the top. You can see all the various file sizes along the way. On playing back the video there is a 10-11 second gap in between each file that is not the normal file size. When the normal size is recorded the next clip is seamless.

I have tried it with another power source and cable and the same thing happens. I have both indicator lights on so took a video and the lights are flashing normal but then just freeze then after 10-11 seconds it beeps and continues the normal flashing.

I then made sure the battery was charged, which took just a few minutes, disconnected the power and set the Maxi to record. It worked for 2 hours 15 mins and all the files were of the correct size and there was no beeping.

I will try some different settings today but fear it is getting very near to refund time.:)

Attachments

• Maxi4.jpg
    Maxi4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 13
@Mobius

The txt files I was getting in Post #741 may NOT have occurred during motion detect. Whilst testing yesterday I had the "Power off Disconnect" set to 30 secs and the same problem with short files and missing footage occurred 10 times in a row. The SD card had 10 of those txt messages with times that coincide with the times on the short files.Maxi5.jpgMaxi6.jpg

@Mobius

The txt files I was getting in Post #741 may NOT have occurred during motion detect. Whilst testing yesterday I had the "Power off Disconnect" set to 30 secs and the same problem with short files and missing footage occurred 10 times in a row. The SD card had 10 of those txt messages with times that coincide with the times on the short files.View attachment 46237View attachment 46238
Please send the cfg file. Thanks.

I've installed the new fw and app. so far i'm really not happy, but haven't tested after some real time recording (yet) :
1.Many times after turning Wifi on (it's a real pain now with Motion Detect & Auto record on power enabled), I can see the phone connects to the Maxi wifi and then the Maxi kind of "chocks" (beep wise), disconnects and returns to yellow..!
2.The app is even worse now - so unstable, some times it had connected but showed me black screen for the live view. other times it got stuck when I switched to the video playback. had to format the sd card to get it working. exiting the app "quietly" with the red button, now doesn't start the recording, and the Maxi changes to standby mode (green led).

Am I the only with these issues on the new firmware?

Am I the only with these issues on the new firmware?
I've not seen my Maxi disconnect WiFi by itself. Has anyone else?

I found the app was generally stable if I don't rush between pressing buttons. If I give it time to apply each change, everything seemed to work OK, at least for me. The only time I have seen a black live view screen was after trying to switch to/from another app whilst still connected to the Maxi.

If you are recording 2.7k with motion detection enabled, exiting the app by pressing the record button may put the camera into motion detection standby? Just a guess - I've not tried it myself.

If you are recording 2.7k with motion detection enabled, exiting the app by pressing the record button may put the camera into motion detection standby? Just a guess - I've not tried it myself.

it wasn't motion detect standby as it switched the green led on. I get different reactions from it when exiting , now it does continue recording. no idea.
What I do know for sure - the only way I'm able to turn wifi on is by pressing the shutter button after it starts recording, and then quickly holding the mode button. Pressing the mode button during startup (right after the orange standby led is turning on), doesn't work anymore

What I do know for sure - the only way I'm able to turn wifi on is by pressing the shutter button after it starts recording, and then quickly holding the mode button. Pressing the mode button during startup (right after the orange standby led is turning on), doesn't work anymore
That was the FW designer's intention - to avoid interruption of the boot process.

If you wait until after it has started recording and then long-press the mode button, it should stop recording and enable wifi.

If you wait until after it has started recording and then long-press the mode button, it should stop recording and enable wifi.
is that a new feature in the fw ?

Well that took too long... vendor said he was in Texas.
"Mini Micro 1.0mm SH JST 2-Pin Connector" _is_ the correct 2-pin 1mm pitch connector for the Mobius Mini and Maxi battery connector.

Hi guys, wonder if this has been reported.

Having problem with the rear led, after recording for about an hour on battey, the blinking of the rear led becomes irregular, although it is still recording, the disorganized blinking makes user thinks that the camera isn't recording.
When I check the footage, it is still recording.

One on MAXI FW V2.26 firmware, aother on second latest firmare. Both maxi from banggood and manufacturer.

Last edited:
Back