Mobius Maxi Wi-Fi

Was the Maxi hot when you connected to Wifi? it works fine for me only its not that hot
No, it did not get hot. I've never really noticed the Maxi get hot in use. Could be something to do with the English climate!

No, it did not get hot. I've never really noticed the Maxi get hot in use. Could be something to do with the English climate!
do you think the freeze ups i experience could be hardware fault or a faulty unit?

do you think the freeze ups i experience could be hardware fault or a faulty unit?
It's hard to say. How hot does yours get? Is the heatsink too hot to hold?

It would be a BIG thing it this camera would offer live preview during recording or at least offer to keep wifi connection :( I hope Mobius team really does something with it. This is deal breaking experience now.
The Maxi is capable of supporting live view whilst recording. I've been testing FW trying to help get it working for everyone :)

When I get my Maxi and when it gets hot in Ohio I will check how hot it gets by using a laser temperature gun because I have one. I will check my Mobius 2 too.

The Maxi is capable of supporting live view whilst recording. I've been testing FW trying to help get it working for everyone :)
Super news. Keeping my fingers crossed for the success.

There are things good to fix in the android app

There are different modes which you change by swiping - play, record video, record photo.
The problem is that these buttons there are too sensitive to touch. There should be some degree of angle where these buttons do not react.
I mean you need to swipe for 0.5 cm or 1 cm. Currently buttons are reacting even to tiny swipe movement or even a touch.

2. Would be good if this app would list all wifi connections available in itself. It will avoid the situation we need to quit the app, swipe down the screen to see WiFi symbol
and then list all connections, find Maxi, select it, then again run the Maxi app.
Ideally the app lists all wifi connections by itself and you tap to connect. Could even prioritize "mobiusxxxxx" wifi names at the top of the list.

3. A choice if you want to see the video stream or not. I might just want to connect to mobius and press video record, because I know it is setup well.
So, the possibility to see video stream as optional. It would even allow to avoid problem of wifi and recording the video at the same time.
The permanent connection is even more important than constant live video. At least from my perspective. Would be great to have both of course.

4. Live video streaming quality setting to let us see better when wifi signal is weak. Not need to force 1920x1080 30 fps and break connections.

Could you pass this message to developers, please? Also, what do you think?

When I get my Maxi and when it gets hot in Ohio I will check how hot it gets by using a laser temperature gun because I have one. I will check my Mobius 2 too.
I don't have one of those, but after reading about them - I want one!
EDIT: I couldn't resist, so I bought one

What temperature would be getting to hot?

Super news. Keeping my fingers crossed for the success.

There are things good to fix in the android app

There are different modes which you change by swiping - play, record video, record photo.
The problem is that these buttons there are too sensitive to touch. There should be some degree of angle where these buttons do not react.
I mean you need to swipe for 0.5 cm or 1 cm. Currently buttons are reacting even to tiny swipe movement or even a touch.

2. Would be good if this app would list all wifi connections available in itself. It will avoid the situation we need to quit the app, swipe down the screen to see WiFi symbol
and then list all connections, find Maxi, select it, then again run the Maxi app.
Ideally the app lists all wifi connections by itself and you tap to connect. Could even prioritize "mobiusxxxxx" wifi names at the top of the list.

3. A choice if you want to see the video stream or not. I might just want to connect to mobius and press video record, because I know it is setup well.
So, the possibility to see video stream as optional. It would even allow to avoid problem of wifi and recording the video at the same time.
The permanent connection is even more important than constant live video. At least from my perspective. Would be great to have both of course.

4. Live video streaming quality setting to let us see better when wifi signal is weak. Not need to force 1920x1080 30 fps and break connections.

Could you pass this message to developers, please? Also, what do you think?
My thoughts:
  1. Perhaps the sensitivity could be looked at, but I think there's more important things to address right now.
  2. That was considered early in the app development but proved to be problematic. There were too many options with different operating systems and how they handle WiFi connections. Better to keep it simple and let the device handle the wifi connection.
  3. Good idea to have an optional video stream, especially if it reduces the load on the processor to improve connection reliability (y)
  4. I don't think it is a 1920x1080 stream. Seems more like 720 looking at my phone screenshots. The app is formatted for the video stream resolution, so adding options will increase the app complexity. I think adding a video stream on/off toggle is more useful and reliable.

I don't have one of those, but after reading about them - I want one!
EDIT: I couldn't resist, so I bought one
When I got mind I was refining gold I had to watch temperature for what I was doing.

My thoughts:

1. Good idea to have an optional video stream, especially if it reduces the load on the processor to improve connection reliability (y)
  2. I don't think it is a 1920x1080 stream. Seems more like 720 looking at my phone screenshots. The app is formatted for the video stream resolution, so adding options will increase the app complexity. I think adding a video stream on/off toggle is more useful and reliable.
Video stream on/off would really be good.

First thing after you connect it shows an image of the current camera view just captured . It refreshes it every 3-5 seconds let's say. A simple photo capture and display.
You can tap that image view 2 times or some button in interface, to have live video stream. You can turn off and on this live view, beside refreshed image by default every 3-5 seconds.
What's the most important - it never kills the wifi connection.

Last edited:
according to eletoponline365 on ebay, there's a new firmware and app coming up in the next few days

according to eletoponline365 on ebay, there's a new firmware and app coming up in the next few days
Really? Where do you see that?

I'd better crack on with testing this new FW and app then!

My biggest issue with the app is its inability to download in the background, or pause-resume, etc. Even with clip length set to 1 minute, it takes a solid 10-15 minutes to download each clip. During this time, I have to keep my phone awake because any time to goes to the lock screen, it breaks the download, and I have to start over again. Sitting in my car being unable to do anything else but monitor the download for 15 mins is rather boring, and has stopped me from saving any clips I found interesting but not critical to save.

I don't have easy access to the SD card anymore so I kind of rely on the WiFi download feature.

My biggest issue with the app is its inability to download in the background, or pause-resume, etc. Even with clip length set to 1 minute, it takes a solid 10-15 minutes to download each clip. During this time, I have to keep my phone awake because any time to goes to the lock screen, it breaks the download, and I have to start over again. Sitting in my car being unable to do anything else but monitor the download for 15 mins is rather boring, and has stopped me from saving any clips I found interesting but not critical to save.
10-15 min for a 1 minute clip ? how big is the file?
last video i downloaded is 389MB and it took about 6-7 minutes to finish downloading (2.7K / 3 minutes / super fine)

and i totally agree that the download breaking so easily, is a major bug in the app. hope they'll fix it soon

Back