Mobius on PowerBank

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,

I setup a Mobius with External PIR detector and a PowerBank.

I don't understand with e PowerBank the Mobius do not wake up : RAVPOWER 5V 2.1A

Any Idea ? It works great wih wall plug

Hard to say without knowing your wiring setup. My first thought was to say that you probably need to turn the PowerBank on, but then I figured that it was probably running the PIR as well.
Are they both on the same port? Maybe the wiring through / with the PIR is interfering with the PowerBank's ability to auto sense the camera if it's on the other port.

Well,
ThePowerBank <-> The PIR <-> The Mobius

The PowerBank is always on I didn't know that something had to be detected. The PIR will on/off the Mobius

- The PowerBank alone works.
- The power <-> PIR <-> Mobius works

So yes it seems the PIR do not like the powerbank. But I don't undestand why

Last edited:
I get a "page not found" with the link above. When I looked up "RAVPOWER 5V 2.1A" the user manual said the powerbank would auto detect a device and start charging. Maybe the powerbank sees the draw of the PIR and then has some kind of safety to prevent additional draw when the camera tries to start. Or maybe the combined power draw is too much for the PowerBank. I have no idea if the powerbank would / could have that kind of safety but it's the only thing I can think of.

If I had the correct PowerBank, it has two outputs. Is there any way that you could wire the PIR power to one input and then the switched camera power to the other input? Just something else to try.

Oops! :oops: I meant wire the PIR to one output of the powerbank and then the switched camera power (via the PIR) to the other output of the powerbank.

I assume the PIR controls a relay on-board which then controls the camera power. So I'd use one output as a dedicated PIR power source and the other output as a dedicated camera power source through the PIR relay. However maybe that's not possible with the PIR.

Have you measured the current draw of the PIR and PIR+Camera? Maybe it just that the combo is too much draw.(?)

Back