Mobius - only green light showing

Thrash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've been running a Mobius for a few months as a dashcam until my mount broke, it then came out of the car for a good few further months. Today I decided to get it out and put it into my car again, so I started charging it and straight away the green light came on. It's been like that for a few hours now, as soon as I take the USB cable out, the green light goes out and the camera doesn't do anything at all.
It also doesn't seem to be hot, or any warmer than usual, I'm not sure it being plugged in as actually doing anything at all. If I plug it into my laptop then the software doesn't pick it up but I have always had issues with that in the past.

Does anyone have any tips on things I could try to get it going again? I would've thought it would be fully charged by now, if not then it should be close and surely it can function without 100% charge?

Thanks in advance.

Green LED indicates charging. Sounds like you may have a dead battery.

Aside from any potential battery issue try resetting the camera.

Use a paper clip or similar object to press the Reset button. Wait 10-15 seconds and then try turning on the camera and see what happens.

Since the battery may be dead, perform the above procedure with the camera plugged into an external power source.

If that doesn't work disconnect the external power and remove the battery, then wait 30 seconds and connect again to the external power.

If this works buy a new battery. Banggood.com will have the best price.

P.S. While you are at it, check to see if your battery is swollen.

Back