mobius quit working

Clinton Flahr

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yesterday my Mobius quit working in the vehicle. I had it charging through the usb port and was recording video at the same time. I noticed after 5 minutes that it was not recording and was just on. When I tried to turn it off or really do anything it wouldn't respond. when I got home I hooked it up to the computer and it wasn't recognised. some time the blue light comes on but not the back red light. the camera has a charge but even without being connected to the computer it will not turn on. right now when I press the power button the blue light flashes once then nothing. any ideas what could be wrong. could plugging and unplugging it into the usb cable everyday done something inside.......help

I believe there is a reset button accessible using a paper-clip. Tried that? I don't have mine in front of me right now so I can't say for sure where it is. Think it is on the back end of the unit. Check the manual. Good luck.

Is the battery charged? Even with external power applied, the battery must have some charge to record properly and if your battery has gone bad that could be the problem. The power supply might be failing to provide enough juice thus running the battery down as it tries to keep up. The cam might not be set to "loop" record, check that. And there may be a card full of locked files or a card failure going on here.

Read the first pages of the Mobius support thread here as they explain all about this camera, what it needs, how it works, and what it can do. Kind of lengthy but a must-read if you use this cam.

Phil

Sounds exactly the same as my problem a few posts down. Unfortunately no one could offer a solution and the Mobius isn't even heavy enough to be useful as a paperweight.

Back