Mobius Recording Light on - but nothing been saved for a month!!!

No idea, only ever bought it for the purpose of using as a Dashcam. Don't think there is a webcam option

I'm waiting for YooVuu to bring out a "working" Lens Extension Cable, then I will jump ship, but in the meantime I will have a go again and see if I can get this Mobius 1 working.
using cable include when you buy mobius 1. Plugn it to your computer. Turn mobius on by click power button (if it not turn on automaticly). In your computer, going into your webcam software. If your mobius can work, then your webcam will show image of mobius.
if webcam mode works, then problem maybe in "recording into memory card part". Try another card, format your card again....

No idea, only ever bought it for the purpose of using as a Dashcam. Don't think there is a webcam option

I'm waiting for YooVuu to bring out a "working" Lens Extension Cable, then I will jump ship, but in the meantime I will have a go again and see if I can get this Mobius 1 working.

Since you don't believe there is a webcam option I would surmise that you have never read the Mobius Owners manual. Why not try that, start over with your camera along with a fresh, properly formatted memory card and see what happens?

Download the Mobius Manual PDF HERE.

Last edited:
Definitely update the firmware using the Msetup software. It's one of the tests to see if it's a genuine item.
Remember to look at the pop-up tooltips for the settings in Msetup too. They explain a lot.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

I've had this problem, it was a Kingston 64GB failure. The light would blink red indicating it is record, but no writes made it to the microsd. I can read/play videos from it, but can't write/format/low level format it.
Always check your microsd to see if it's still recording properly.

It would be nice if Mobius would check the memory card if files are being written to it.

Mobius plus OTG cable, remove sd card & power up from a fully charged mobile & you can then aim the cam accurately. Without the SD card, the mobius acts like a webcam.

Right then guys, here's what I have done.

Copied the new v2.41 manually to the root of a different (smaller 2GB sd) card and managed to upgrade the firmware using the buttons.

Then swapped it out for a Samsung Evo 64GB and changed the Format Type to Ex-fat and formatted the card from the Mobius software.
It appeared to recorded a file, so I've put it back in the car and will see if it works.... There might be some life left in the Mobius 1 just yet

Right then guys, here's what I have done.

Copied the new v2.41 manually to the root of a different (smaller 2GB sd) card and managed to upgrade the firmware using the buttons.

Then swapped it out for a Samsung Evo 64GB and changed the Format Type to Ex-fat and formatted the card from the Mobius software.
It appeared to recorded a file, so I've put it back in the car and will see if it works.... There might be some life left in the Mobius 1 just yet
Make sure you format your card to FAT32. If you use in-camera formatting ensure you set the 'File System for Cards' to FAT32. You could experience problems with cards formatted with exFAT, especially when you have loop recording enabled.

Make sure you format your card to FAT32. If you use in-camera formatting ensure you set the 'File System for Cards' to FAT32. You could experience problems with cards formatted with exFAT, especially when you have loop recording enabled.

But Msetup says cards "upto" 32GB must be formatted as "FAT32", other cards above that must be ex-FAT

My Samsung SD Card is a 64GB, so naturally I selected EX-FAT and did an in-camera format to Ex-FAT

Which is correct?

Had it running for about 3 days (card formatted as ExFat) and low and behold, stuck on solid Yellow light midway through journey.

Card says 1.2Gb left from 64Gb, so looks like same as before, just spits it dummy out towards the card limit..... and before anyone asks, Yes Looping is enabled.

Now formatted card as FAT32, deleted all files and see how that goes....

Hi, this is my 1st post and the same just happened to me. Had an accident earlier but the other guy took full responsibility-luckily
So got home to check and saw i was missing all of todays driving recordings but had all days previous. Checked card all ok, no idea why today it just never recorded and wondered how many other times this may have happened.
Recordings all seem to be in blocks and sometimes just set off by motion detection.
Thinking of new dashcam...... grrr

That's the challenge I think when you have a camera with no screen or no audible warnings, it's very easy to miss when they have problems, discreet is good but shouldn't be at the expense of convenience or reliability

It's a good reminder to check the recordings regularly. I know I left my first mobius to itself for up to 6 months without checking it.

Now that I'm comparing dashcams and tinkering with IQ settings I find I'm looking at the files much more often.

Had same problem, just didnt record or starts recording only after few power disconnect-connects. After memory card change seems to be fine (hopefully - at least last few weeks i dont have been problems)

Recordings all seem to be in blocks and sometimes just set off by motion detection.
Can you explain what you mean by "in blocks"? From your comment, I assume you have motion detection enabled?

I've had this problem, it was a Kingston 64GB failure. The light would blink red indicating it is record, but no writes made it to the microsd. I can read/play videos from it, but can't write/format/low level format it.
Always check your microsd to see if it's still recording properly.

It would be nice if Mobius would check the memory card if files are being written to it.

Just had the same with a Sandisk card - their website explains that when the cards fail they "write lock" the files. The Mobius still flashes as though it's recording. The card can't be formatted or written to.

Posting for old thread...

In my extensive experience with Mobius cameras I have NEVER experienced a situation where the camera indicates it is recording but then turns out that it hasn't been. If the Mobius encounters a problem with the memory card it will NOT flash the yellow LED once per second but the rear red LED will remain on and solid after start-up to indicate a problem.

I too am wondering if you have a genuine Mobius cam or a counterfeit. Check THIS PAGE for confirmation.

Neither have I. Until now.

I have 2x mobius1 cameras and both are genuine. The second one does not record anything to the memorycard. It only creates folders but there's nothing in them. Tested with 2 different SD cards that are working 100% fine with the first mobius, but not on the second. So the problem must be on that specific camera. Did also in-camera format, no help.
The second camera does indicate as it would be recording (both leds blinking). Webcam/video-out does work, so it's not the sensor.

Any ideas what to test next? Swap battery/sensor/something between the cameras?

Posting for old thread...

Neither have I. Until now.

I have 2x mobius1 cameras and both are genuine. The second one does not record anything to the memorycard. It only creates folders but there's nothing in them. Tested with 2 different SD cards that are working 100% fine with the first mobius, but not on the second. So the problem must be on that specific camera. Did also in-camera format, no help.
The second camera does indicate as it would be recording (both leds blinking). Webcam/video-out does work, so it's not the sensor.

Any ideas what to test next? Swap battery/sensor/something between the cameras?
how long have you had the mobius before it's fault ?

how long have you had the mobius before it's fault ?
I bought it last week. Old and used, but proven to be working (last week). Now after firmware update and different card => fail. Tested with 2 cards that work with my another mobius just fine. Both cameras are the old first model.

Should I test with old firmware? Could the firmware update fail (even when it says everything is ok)?

I bought it last week. Old and used, but proven to be working (last week). Now after firmware update and different card => fail. Tested with 2 cards that work with my another mobius just fine. Both cameras are the old first model.

Should I test with old firmware? Could the firmware update fail (even when it says everything is ok)?
how about return to old ower and take back your money ?
Maybe it falled from a RC and cant work anymore.

Back