Mobius standard & wide angle vs Mini 0801

JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comparison.

(I'm actually not sold on the Mobius with wider angle lense for dash cam use.)

I'm actually not sold on the Mobius with wider angle lense for dash cam use.

I am. Sold. Delivered. In daily use. Liking it much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, each has it's advantages and disadvantages. :)

I have had the Mobius for a couple of weeks now and it is very good. I bought it to use in the car and on the motorbike but I am thinking to just use it for the bike and get a Mini 0801 for the car which I can leave in permanently.

Having watched the video I am a bit concerned that the 0801 goes very soft at the edges of the frame - especially on the r/h side it actually looks completely out of focus? The Mobius seems sharp across the frame although the colours are much more natural on the 0801 - the standard Mobius is very orange orientated and the wide version looks blue.

I know we are not filming a "blockbuster" movie here but I am not sure I could live with the super soft edges on the 0801 - am I expecting too much or was that just a bad example?

There was a post elsewhere where it mentioned the Mobius developer is working on firmware upgrades to address the colours.

(That's the best thing about the Mobius- there's continuing development work going on and constant firmware upgrades with improvements.)

Having watched the video I am a bit concerned that the 0801 goes very soft at the edges of the frame - especially on the r/h side it actually looks completely out of focus? The Mobius seems sharp across the frame although the colours are much more natural on the 0801 - the standard Mobius is very orange orientated and the wide version looks blue.

this would come down to differences in lens quality, not all 0801 have the same lens either so it would depend where the camera originates from as to the result

this would come down to differences in lens quality, not all 0801 have the same lens either so it would depend where the camera originates from as to the result

I was not aware of that.

So that means you can watch as many clips and read as many reviews as you like BUT what you actually get when you order could well be totally different in terms of results?
So how do you make sure you get one with a good lens etc? - makes the reviews a bit pointless unless it specifies the origin!

At least I seem to be getting the results I expected with the Mobius - going off the idea of the Mini 0801

Reactions: Jim
I was not aware of that.

So that means you can watch as many clips and read as many reviews as you like BUT what you actually get when you order could well be totally different in terms of results?
So how do you make sure you get one with a good lens etc? - makes the reviews a bit pointless unless it specifies the origin!

At least I seem to be getting the results I expected with the Mobius - going off the idea of the Mini 0801

this is a problem in any camera that is available from multiple manufacturers (or assemblers as most are), not all put the product together to the same specification level, variations are common

Reactions: Mtz
I was not aware of that.

Dear Woodbar,
JooVuu.com's mini 0801s are the 'original' mini 0801 or at least the model that became popular and is review on techmoan.com. Jokiin is right though I have lots of sellers coming to me trying to selling their mini 0801s at like $35 which for a Mini 0801 is just unlikely and was confirmed when I ordered one sample product of these very cheap mini 0801s. The quality is about as good as your old Nokia 1 mega pixel camera.

Kind regards,

I suspect the old Nokia was probably superior to the cheap knockoffs, its frustrating when this happens as all it ends up doing is confusing the customers and devaluing the original product

Dear Woodbar,
JooVuu.com's mini 0801s are the 'original' mini 0801 or at least the model that became popular and is review on techmoan.com. Jokiin is right though I have lots of sellers coming to me trying to selling their mini 0801s at like $35 which for a Mini 0801 is just unlikely and was confirmed when I ordered one sample product of these very cheap mini 0801s. The quality is about as good as your old Nokia 1 mega pixel camera.

Kind regards,

Hi, OK I understand all of that and I appreciate your efforts to only supply "original", or at least consistent, products.

I was just surprised to notice, in the comparison above, exactly HOW soft/out of focus the image is especially on the right hand side of the frame - I revisited techmoans review and the same thing is actually visible there, but does not seem quite so pronounced, although it is difficult to compare as the video at the top of this thread is obviously much smaller and compressed.

I think the FOV of the standard Mobius is plenty wide enough for a dashcam and I can't help wonder if the video from the 0801 would have been better if they had used a similar FOV - having said that the couple of videos I have watched of the Pro CX4 (I think that's correct) are pretty sharp edge to edge and yet that is supposed to be the same camera?

I just wanted to clarify, is the "standard" viewing angle for this Mobius camera a mere 87 degrees (as stated on dashcamtalk FAQ page)? I looked at a view other reviews and they seem to rate it at about 120 degrees. Also, if you watch the comparison videos on the FAQ page, it has a similar viewing angle to the DOD LS300W, etc. which does indeed have a viewing angle of 120 degrees. Could the FAQ page be mistaken?

Last edited:
There's more than one standard for describing lens viewing angle. This can cause confusion when trying to compare cameras of different brands.

The only one that makes sense to me is Horizontal Field of View (HFOV).

The standard Mobius lens is approx 85 deg HFOV, & the wide angle lens approx 116 deg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I guess what I meant to say is, judging by all the comparison videos and such, the HFOV looks to be 116 or 120 degrees.

Last edited:
Back