Mobius stops recording

XtrailAndy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C ( front ) Mobius B ( rear ) running Super Caps
Hi Guys,

My Mobius C has developed an annoying issue, on start up all works well, but after about an hours continuous running it stops recording and the Yellow and rear LEDs start to flash ( 2 flashes per second, then repeats ) for a while then the camera powers down.

I then have to turn the camera back on and it starts recording OK.

Camera is a V3 C Lens running v2.33

Any ideas on what is causing this and how to put it right would be appreciated.

( my rear Mobius V3 B Lens works without issue )

No, but I'll give that a go if you think it might help.

Think I might buy a couple of those Kingston 32gb cards, they seem to get good reviews on here.

Thanks for the help, jokiin.

Wow! I experienced this issue last week and just posted about it here.

I have a Mobius v3 lens C and v2 lens B. Last week, I went for a 3.5 hour trip when outside temperature was around 25 degree celcius. I had one road rage incident. So came back home to check the videos. Both my front and read Mobius had stopped recording after the first 1 hour or so. No idea what happened. When I took the cameras out of the mounts, they were uncomfortably hot, so I was assuming they turned themselves off due to temperature.

Note: I cannot say for sure if the v2 stopped recording after 1 hour because the card was only 16 GB.

I went for another 1.5 hour drive 2-3 days later. Both cameras recorded fine.

Both cameras were on 2.33. Both had Kingston SDHC class 10 cards (32 GB & 16 GB).

Yesterday night, I decided to reinstall the firmware on both cameras. I formatted both the SD cards using the option available in mSetup. I always used to set the card file system as FAT32 in mSetup. I saw that when I format the card through mSetup, it was exFat even though the cards were 32 GB or less. I don't know if this could be a problem. Both my cameras were set for FAT32. I am not sure if the cards were FAT32 or exFat when this issue happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back