Mobius Super Capacitor.

big dashcams might have an internal heatsink covered by the case and "invisible" from outside.
i highly doubt this DSP chip can work for more then several minutes without any type or form of heatsink. but im just guessing...

Innovv C1 uses same main hardware and tested working at +70C.

bigger dashcams aren't always as spacious inside as you might think, these processors are designed to be used without heatsinks also, don't recall seeing one used on any dashcam I've opened up and that has been a very wide variety

Same here. Opened over few dozens of different dashcams ( big and small in size ), around 10 of them from nt96650 + ar0330 range, and never saw a heatsink. The only one is Mobius with heatsink.

Innovv C1 uses same main hardware and tested working at +70C.
They tested their camera for two hours. Two months or more would have been more appropriate. I doubt if a LiPo used at 70°C would survive more than a few days, so their test is pureley advertising and doesn't reflect real-life situations in any way.

They tested their camera for two hours. Two months or more would have been more appropriate. I doubt if a LiPo used at 70°C would survive more than a few days, so their test is pureley advertising and doesn't reflect real-life situations in any way.

Agree, you have a point.

that's reinforcing the point, the cameras aren't going to see 70c anytime, even artificially induced unrealistic temps weren't an issue for the processor anyway, no LiPo battery is going to hang in there for long under those conditions though

Has it ever been 100% confirmed that the Mobius and Innovv C1-C2 actually use the NT9660 and AR0330?
Read somewhere that it might not be the case.

rcgroups.com main Mobius thread Jan 7 Post #5756

Has anyone seen the capacitors for sale from any of the Hong Kong based sellers yet?

Has anyone seen the capacitors for sale from any of the Hong Kong based sellers yet?

They have them as I ordered one a few weeks ago from eletoponline365. No eBay listing at the time though.

Thanks for the info. Any links to where you purchased them from? (Does eletoponline365 have a website of their own?)

I'd buy from the UK, but postage is always cheaper from HK.

I couldn't find it on eletoponline365 page so i sent him a PM/question. He replied saying they do have caps for 9.99$
Not sure why he doen't list them.

Edit:
Hi friend,

Thanks for your message. Yes, friend, we have the capacitor for mobius camera, but it not the same like battery, there is difference. If you want it, we can sell you one, USD9.99 per pieces.

Regards,
Mandy

- eletoponline365

There is a UK seller that sells for almost the same price. Get it from joovuu.

Has it ever been 100% confirmed that the Mobius and Innovv C1-C2 actually use the NT9660 and AR0330?
Read somewhere that it might not be the case.
The Innovv has been up front with what it uses so there is no question on that end.

The Mobius has tried to hide it. But the developer is a Novatek shop and the NT96650 was the best chip available from Novatek when the Mobius was released.

For the CMOS chip, the NT96650 has typically been paired with the AR0330 which is most likely the case with the Mobius. Video quality and video characteristics also appear to be consistent with the NT96650 + AR0330.

Finally, open up any of the Mobius firmware files with a text editor (Note Pad or Word Pad). You will see many references to the NT96650 and the AR0330. This is consistent with firmware files from other dash cams using this processor / CMOS combination.

The Innovv has been up front with what it uses so there is no question on that end.

The Mobius has tried to hide it. But the developer is a Novatek shop and the NT96650 was the best chip available from Novatek when the Mobius was released.

For the CMOS chip, the NT96650 has typically been paired with the AR0330 which is most likely the case with the Mobius. Video quality and video characteristics also appear to be consistent wit the NT96650 + AR0330.

Finally, open up any of the Mobius firmware files with a text editor (Note Pad or Word Pad). You will see many references to the NT96650 and the AR0330. This is consistent with firmware files from other dash cams using this processor / CMOS combination.
Is this becoming a guessing game?
If you dump some of the original firmware files you'll find completely different information which proves how easy it is to manipulate the contents :). At one point the developer manipulated so much that it wasn't even possible to read the firmware version and the GUI choked. That was too much manipulation!
You can manipulate everything, even the PID and VID (which was done, BTW). I'm very surprised nobody has checked these yet!
I can assure you that either the DSP or the sensor or maybe both are not identical. But what does it matter from and end-user perspective? What matters is that the Mobius has better video quality and much better functionality and useability than any other camera in it's class. There's a very good reason that the DSP is lasered. I think it's time we leave the guessing games behind and just accept that the Mobius and the Innovv do not use identical hardware key components.

Once firmware is available it doesn't take long for people to start decompiling and work out what you're using, DOD is a classic example with their attempts at making out they used something else

Attached are the strings output of the oldest Mobius firmware I could find (v0.32) and the newest (v1.13). The information is quite similar. Hex dumps show the NT96650 + AR0330 as well.

Attachments

Back