Mobius untouched

GJHS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius A & C, SJ4000, M10, Mini 0806, Innovv C3,4, Xiaomi Yi
How many people are running leaving their Mobius cameras 24/7 in the car without removing them?
I was removing mine when in the cold (15F/-9C) back in the states, worried about damage. Now back in Mexico (75F/24C) I removed mine today for the first time in 3 days and noticed it was pretty warm, which made me wonder, what is best and what other peoples experiences have been. FYI I am ensuring some shade and cooling and avoiding full sun when I can.

Last edited:
are you running it 24/7 or just leaving it the car 24/7?
Sorry should have made that clearer.:confused:

I am wondering how many leave their cameras in their car 24/7 when they aren't filming. Corrected, thanks Jokiin

Last edited:
if you were running it 24/7 I'd suggest changing the battery for capacitors, not as big an issue if only leaving it in the car, still carries some risk though

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not leaving mine when its summer and in direct sunlight. Im from Israel and temprature can get really hot, sometimes 40 Celsius at summer. In winter, like now, when the temprature is not too hot i leave it in the car.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Im not leaving mine when its summer and in direct sunlight. Im from Israel and temprature can get really hot, sometimes 40 Celsius at summer.

I've got one that's already survived higher than that for multiple days - with the vehicle parked outside in the sun. It's never garaged.

GJHS, I've had them for quite a few months- probably around October last year when I joined up? That would be roughly when I bought the first of the three?

PS: It's Summer here now, so watch this space....

Well, you might not see the effect right away after leaving it in the sun for a while but after a few weeks/months the electronics will give up.

I have had a Lens A since end of July in the car only removed to update FW. That means from 33C to -25C. Car is always outside but I protect it from direct sun when parked as much as I can. Winter here is not Siberia but not too far off either, so far so good.

Last edited:
I have three Mobius (with Lens A) installed in my car here in Texas. I purchased them in the fall of 2013. No problems so far. During the warm times, the A/C is running but I am sure it gets warm when the car is parked. It is always parked outside. I have purchased but not yet installed some windshield film to shield the cameras from direct sunlight when the car is parked.

Well, you might not see the effect right away after leaving it in the sun for a while but after a few weeks/months the electronics will give up.
I totally agree about not seeing the effect straight away. Saying it will give up is being a bit pessimistic though! :)

Back