Mobius

I wrote above that unfortunately my smartphone does not have the usb-otg feature. :( and I don't want to buy another phone

I wrote above that unfortunately my smartphone does not have the usb-otg feature. :( and I don't want to buy another phone

You're not alone. Neither my Lenovo A820 nor my Motorola XT320 have USB mass storage, so I also can't use the App.

after months and months of reading, i finally bought the mobius to attempt a stealth installation with the 8" lens extension.
I really wanted a dash cam for a long time, but just kept on waiting for more models with a remote/extended lens ... but seems like all new models that are being released still hang on to that "everything in 1 package" style.
went for the original lens as I personally don't like the fish-eye view of the wide lens.

a bit worried about the heat as my "plan" is to put the DVR in the overhead sunglasses compartiment in my car, and the lens somewhere near the rear view mirror.

if it doesn't work out as I planned, well then there will be a mobius in the "for sale" section soon :)

Hello and sorry if this was previously discussed.
Let's say I am using a Mobius, I have a smartphone without USB-OTG and I am stopped by traffic police saying that I was entering the junction on red light.
How can I play the video recorded by Mobius...

Not really sure if showing the cop how he was wrong is going to help. He will just "find" something else. I would just bring the footage to court.

Then again I'm use to NY & NJ cops so maybe they all dont have the same attitude?

Still, would like to see a portable display that runs on batteries as well. Much better then hooking it up to my cars entertainment center and sitting in my backseat :)

Please post a link if you find something.

Sure, if I will find a portable display that runs on batteries, I'll put a link here.
Keep well!

You're not alone. Neither my Lenovo A820 nor my Motorola XT320 have USB mass storage, so I also can't use the App.
Have you tried a work around? Neither my phone (Galaxy S3) nor my tablet (Nexus 7) worked. I used the play store to get a OTC checker and file manager. It's a bit slow yet works

Sure, if I will find a portable display that runs on batteries, I'll put a link here.
Keep well!

You could buy something like this 7 inch battery power/12V display from eBay to keep in your car. I have something similar that I use to aim my Mobius when I set it up in my windshield and of course, you could use it for that purpose as well. For on the go viewing I use an iPad mini with an SD Card Camera Reader Adapter to review, archive selected clips when necessary and occasionally edit video.

Last edited:
Thank for the link with the display but I am looking for a little size one (up to 3.5 inch). All the best!

Thank for the link with the display but I am looking for a little size one (up to 3.5 inch). All the best!

There are many such displays that size available, especially on eBay but they are usually not battery powered. If you could tolerate plugging the 3.5 inch display into the 12V socket, perhaps one of those would work for you. Here's one example. Searching eBay will turn up many different models.

Hello and sorry if this was previously discussed.
Let's say I am using a Mobius, I have a smartphone without USB-OTG and I am stopped by traffic police saying that I was entering the junction on red light.
How can I play the video recorded by Mobius other than removing the microsd card from it, opening the case of the smartphone, putting the microsd card in it and then search for and play the mov. file ? Can I buy a small LCD display to attach it to Mobius?
Thank you all.

THIS might be useful as well.

Also I keep in car spare 2gb microsd card so in case presenting video evidence to police on the place, i take mobius microsd card, insert into smartphone ( hot swap ), copy file with incident into phone internal memory, remove original microsd card, then insert spare microsd card into phone, copy video file for police.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. Unfortunately my smartphone has neither USB-OTG or hot swap slot for microsd card (it is an S4 mini).
Thus, the quickest solution is an battery operated small lcd display to connect to the Mobius. But, at now, due to that I don't if I will buy or not a Mobius.

Hello world. If I will use the lens extension cable I will loose the warranty or not? I mean is there a seal that is damaged if you open the case of Mobius? Thank you

Hello world. If I will use the lens extension cable I will loose the warranty or not? I mean is there a seal that is damaged if you open the case of Mobius? Thank you

Yes, there is a seal. Unless you ask vendor to install a re-seal it again. Of course vendor has to ask his warranty team ( technicians ) to do that, but it might cost extra $. Never heart to ask them.

I'm going to quote myself from another thread where this question recently came up about warranty for the Mobius if you modify the camera . Keep in mind, it's just my opinion. "I think once you start monkeying around with lens extension cables, super-capacitors and the like, you are on your own and the seller or developer is not and should not be responsible for anything that goes wrong."

Thank you. Unfortunately my smartphone has neither USB-OTG or hot swap slot for microsd card (it is an S4 mini).
Thus, the quickest solution is an battery operated small lcd display to connect to the Mobius. But, at now, due to that I don't if I will buy or not a Mobius.
My S3 works with an OTG cable, so I'm guessing your S4 mini will as well. It has the same Touch wiz interface and operating system. Make sure you get a good quality cable. Some OTGs are junk and won't work.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a seal. Unless you ask vendor to install a re-seal it again. Of course vendor has to ask his warranty team ( technicians ) to do that, but it might cost extra $. Never heart to ask them.

Since the Mobius is designed to be opened easily and is shipped with a small hex wrench for adjusting the focus of the lens and the primary vendors offer easy to plug in replacement batteries it seems that breaking the seal shouldn't really be an issue for warranty service. Certainly the inclusion of the hex wrench clearly implies that it's OK to open the case. Like I've said, I think warranty issues probably come into play when you modify the camera to be different from the factory configuration.

The question of whether breaking the seal on the Mobius voids the warranty brings to mind a favorite Dilbert cartoon from several years ago about Dogbert's Tech Support Line: :)

cSVJPcW.png

The question of whether breaking the seal on the Mobius voids the warranty brings to mind a favorite Dilbert cartoon from several years ago about Dogbert's Tech Support Line: :)

cSVJPcW.png

MEGA-LOL ! :):):)

The Dilbert Dilemma happens all the time. You a cant return X for a refund or replacement if X's box is opened, but you cant use X to see if it's working unless you open the box.

Ive had many frustrating and sometimes fun hours with customer support over situations like this when I use to work in IT. Dilbert sums it up nicely.

It is ok to open the case and use the lens extension cable. Just received an ebay message from eletoponline365.

Back