omegamoto

Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe
Dash Cam
Hero 4/5, SJCAM M20/SJ7, Sony X1000V

Last edited:
The issue is with the adaptor, it will have the wrong value resistor in it which is telling the Git2 that it has a mono microphone.

As far as I know there is not yet a good list of what works for stereo, what works for mono and what doesn't work at all. I don't even know if the official GoPro one works, but it should do... If you do some searching on this forum you will find a lot of posts about it, hopefully someone can recommend something, although I have two from the same source, apparently identical but one works perfectly while the other looks like it came from a different factory and does not work at all!

When you get it working, please post some advice for others...

@Pier28 might now which stereo mics are suitable

We were not able to get any of the generic no-ame adapters to work. Purchasing the GoPro cable would be my recommendation as that has been thoroughly tested. That is what another pilot on the same airport our office is on uses across the way and seems to have good quality results.
Also the stereo mic would help guarantee those results not the Mono style mic. Problem with GoPro cable is you can only use the built in battery power which is fine if you're on the go, but we wanted something to use to tie into aviation via adapters

We found an all-in-one solution. This is what we use in our Piper Cherokee Warrior II. (provides pass through power so we can record for many hours no problem, and specific 1/4 jacks we need)
Nflightcam Aircraft Audio/Power Cable for GoPro Hero https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00OP8RYY8
R236pki.png

@Pier28 there isn't any cable like that but without the jack?
In my case is to connect my external mic (Boya BY-LM20) and and a USB cable which will connect to the cigarette adapter on the 12v plug i have on my motorcycle.

@Pier28 there isn't any cable like that but without the jack?
In my case is to connect my external mic (Boya BY-LM20) and and a USB cable which will connect to the cigarette adapter on the 12v plug i have on my motorcycle.

I haven't found one yet but let me know if you do.

The 1/4 audio jack jack is how audio is captured from the plane. If you cut off the wrong plug defeats the whole purpose of wanting external audio captured if it fails then. There is no way for me to quickly test that. I'm not sure what adapters would be needed. There has to be a better way out there. GoPro compatible stuff works. Let's search more.

The issue is with the adaptor, it will have the wrong value resistor in it which is telling the Git2 that it has a mono microphone.

As far as I know there is not yet a good list of what works for stereo, what works for mono and what doesn't work at all. I don't even know if the official GoPro one works, but it should do... If you do some searching on this forum you will find a lot of posts about it, hopefully someone can recommend something, although I have two from the same source, apparently identical but one works perfectly while the other looks like it came from a different factory and does not work at all!

When you get it working, please post some advice for others...
I am using a stereo Gopro mike bought from EBay which apparently is a " fake " Sony shaped in a " T" with 90 degree adapter. They are cheap and handle voice well with output both channels.

Back