Most Reliable Camera?

awyeah

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are lots of recommendations for "most discreet" or "best value" etc. I see that a lot of these cameras seem to have reliability issues. What are the most reliable cameras out there?

There are no fully reliable dashcams and even if we do chart of "most reliable cameras", then there is a still some very little chance of some issues may happen. I think most important to buy dashcamera from reliable seller who stands up behind product he sell. and service.

Back to "most reliable", - what are your priorities in dashcam and budget ?

Budget is negotiable, so maybe 2 options: <=$100 and <=$200. I'd like a screen, I'd like it to be as much "set and forget" as possible, and I'd like GPS capability. True parking is not needed but would be a bonus. Thanks!

Budget is negotiable, so maybe 2 options: <=$100 and <=$200. I'd like a screen, I'd like it to be as much "set and forget" as possible, and I'd like GPS capability. True parking is not needed but would be a bonus. Thanks!

and as I understand from 1st post, you would prefer a discrete style dascham with screen or form-factor not a priority ?

I mean I'd like a screen that's *readable* but yeah, discrete would be nice.

I completely agree with what @niko said but so far from my 5 plus years experience with dash cams, the Mobius has been by far the most consistantly reliable and trouble free. The SG9665GC has been very reliable so far but I would need to have it in service for at least one full year, through all the four seasons before I will really know for sure. Most people worry about performance during hot weather but cold winter weather is just as much of a test of a camera's reliability and durability. (I live in northern New England where the winters can be very rough on things.)

Last edited:
I mean I'd like a screen that's *readable* but yeah, discrete would be nice.

Take a look at B40 / A118 if 1.5" LCD screen is readable enough for you ? Within your lower set budget you can get it along with GPS module.
Within your upper budget limit there are few premium class ( reliability + service ) discreet daschams available as well, but first you may want to read about B40 / A118.

Mobius, I have had mince since 2014 and it has been nothing but great. I did do a small modification to help with heat and maybe that it why it has survived as well as it has who knows.

Mobius, I have had mince since 2014 and it has been nothing but great. I did do a small modification to help with heat and maybe that it why it has survived as well as it has who knows.

Mobius is also one of ma favourite ones., but it does not have a screen.

I'd like a screen,

Back