Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Mother nature...
One day...

Next day or day after...

Brrr...

within 2 days weather changed 180 degree ?

within 2 days weather changed 180 degree ?
Not 180 degree literally as it was only 80 degree and now it's below freezing.
Hehe... but yes it did 180. (The dates should be 9th and 11th).
Nothing unusual here. 80 one day, below freezing next day.
Last year, we were playing soccer at around noon in 60+ degree and at 5pm, it started snowing.
Due to the mountains, it's really nice until the storm crosses over the mountains.
Catches people off guard.

Hmm... my boss just told me that in the first week of December (right after Thanksgiving) I have to go to Portland, Maine.
Wonder whether I shall bring a snow plough with me :D

Here's a screen grab of same spot to get more perspective:

22532599678_2580087f79_o.png

I like fall colors if I have to choose. ;)

If you would live in Ireland, some time we may have 4 seasons in one day :)

Hmm... my boss just told me that in the first week of December (right after Thanksgiving) I have to go to Portland, Maine.
Wonder whether I shall bring a snow plough with me :D
If last year's weather returns to that area, you'll be in for a big surprise.
You won't know where's Maine and where's Boston. ;)

If you would live in Ireland, some time we may have 4 seasons in one day :)
A few years ago I was playing a round of golf and the temperature dropped about 50 degrees (F) from the time I started and finished. :(:eek:

from the time I started and finished. :(:eek:

This must be the longest golf-run, - started in July and finished in December ? ... just teasing ;)

This must be the longest golf-run, - started in July and finished in December ? ... just teasing ;)

You shouldn't play golf in your house with refrigerator as the last hole. :D
I wish either, or both, of you were right. It was an unseasonably warm November and in the low 80's when we started about 11:00. A cold front moved through and the temperature dropped to the mid 30's by the time we got done about 4:00. :(

September 91 I was motorcycling east on US 50 through Monarch pass- the end of the Rockies dropping into the Great Plains, what a view! Mostly cloudy with temps in the upper 60's turned into a blizzard with maybe 15 feet of visibility, temps in the low 40's, and winds of 30MPH in about 7 minutes time as I climbed the grade. I thought hard before persisting but it was one heck of a surprise and one I wasn't dressed for either. Other than the cold it ended at the top getting warmer on the descent. Later on I found that this kind of weather is typical for the egde of the Rockies and blizzards can even happen like that in mid-summer.

A few years ago temps here in upstate SC dropped 50 degrees from 8AM to 4PM as we got slammed with a winter front, and they dropped 15 degrees more overnight setting a record. Don't trust the weather!

Phil

we had a cold snap here in houston, in february of 1996 (my junior year of high school). that morning it was 70f and almost everyone was wearing short pants and t-shirts. by 1pm it was 30f and still dropping. since school officials worried that students' cars might not handle the cold, nor would many know how to drive on ice if it showed up, they sent us home early. that night the low was like 15f which obliterated the old record low temp. didn't get above freezing for 3 days, knocked out power for a large portion of the city, including our house. thankfully we had a gas stove for cooking and gas fireplace for heat, so we just slept in our sleeping bags around the fireplace, and put everything from our refrigerator into a cooler on the back porch.

and they say weather is crazy today?

we had a cold snap here in houston, in february of 1996 (my junior year of high school). that morning it was 70f and almost everyone was wearing short pants and t-shirts. by 1pm it was 30f and still dropping. since school officials worried that students' cars might not handle the cold, nor would many know how to drive on ice if it showed up, they sent us home early. that night the low was like 15f which obliterated the old record low temp. didn't get above freezing for 3 days, knocked out power for a large portion of the city, including our house. thankfully we had a gas stove for cooking and gas fireplace for heat, so we just slept in our sleeping bags around the fireplace, and put everything from our refrigerator into a cooler on the back porch.

and they say weather is crazy today?
It has always been crazy but before it was the exception, now it's the rule, "now" meaning the last 20 years or so.

IMAG0022.JPG
This happened here on the date you see in the picture. Was it the first time? No, it snowed in 1980 but it was so little that it vanished in a couple of hours. After 2006 it has already snowed 4 or 5 times in places where it never ever snowed before.

lucky climate change isn't real :p
It does appear that 'global warming' is a bit overstated, at least as far as Portugal is concerned. :)

It does appear that 'global warming' is a bit overstated, at least as far as Portugal is concerned. :)

yeah I think the term global warming was a poor choice as any time there's a cold snap the deniers come out in force

Or as I prefer to say 'all those the don't believe in climate change please raise your hand above water'

sure there are natural cycles to the weather but it's a lot more unpredictable than it has ever been in the past and I feel it's wishful thinking to say that our presence hasn't played some part in the change

sure there are natural cycles to the weather but it's a lot more unpredictable than it has ever been in the past and I feel it's wishful thinking to say that our presence hasn't played some part in the change
Agree. The bigger issue is determining how much is the first affected by the second.

Back