Motion Detection with Vibration detection and Parking Mode

DigitalPixel

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The E1 is my first dash cam. So far I'm enjoying it and everything seems to work great. I purchased the OBD hardwire kit with it but I'm a little confused with one of the Park Modes. It the manual under Motion Detection it says "when the camera detects object movement or car vibration". So is the vibration detection similar to collision detection mode? From my understanding you can only select one option but it seems the Motion Detection also has some type of vibration sensing.

Also under GPS Information there are 5 bars. Do each of these bars represent a satellite?

Attachments

• E1dashcam.jpg
    E1dashcam.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 11
Adding on to my original question... I also noticed if I leave it in Park Mode at home and there is no activity, the next morning once I start driving the camera does not auto start to record. Is this normal? Do I manually need to turn off Park Mode first? Because I always thought the cam knew from the GPS speedometer that the vehicle was moving and turn off park mode automatically.

...the next morning once I start driving the camera does not auto start to record. Is this normal?
No, it's not normal. Also, i don't see any OBD kit available on Vantrue site. Is that an Vantrue OBD kit?

Adding on to my original question... I also noticed if I leave it in Park Mode at home and there is no activity, the next morning once I start driving the camera does not auto start to record. Is this normal? Do I manually need to turn off Park Mode first? Because I always thought the cam knew from the GPS speedometer that the vehicle was moving and turn off park mode automatically.
When the E1's G-sensor detects vehicle movement, the E1 will exit the currently active parking mode and return to normal mode recording.

I think some new systems use motion to wake up camera, but it dont record unless there is a G-sensor event too, i personally think this is better as otherwise motion detect tend to create far too many false events as most often it take very little movement to set it off.
But i am not sure if thats how the vantrue cameras work, sadly i have no hardwire kit to test parking guard on the E2 i was sent to test.

Motion detect being not sensitive enough have also been a issue some times, but that is very rare it happen, it is safe to bet it will be too sensitive even set to low sensitivity.
This is why i use low bitrate, even if this actually do record all the time, at least it do so in low bitrate and so create smaller files and generate less heat while operating.

Normally the hand over to / from parking guard are automatic.
Same of if you have manual turned off the camera as you do not need parking guard ( for example if you park inside your garage ) you just override the parking guard, on the next time the camera will come on as normal and do its thing.

The satellit bars are just signal strength like on your phone, GPS need more than 5 satellits in view to work good.

It is a good thing to play with your camera to see what you get, moving in front of it should create motion activated events if its on, slapping the windscreen or kicking a tire with the sole of your foot should set off the G-sensor if it is on.

The fact your camera do not come on in the morning sound a bit strange, it should do that as manual interaction should not be needed with dashcams in daily operation.

I think some new systems use motion to wake up camera, but it dont record unless there is a G-sensor event too, i personally think this is better as otherwise motion detect tend to create far too many false events as most often it take very little movement to set it off.
But i am not sure if thats how the vantrue cameras work, sadly i have no hardwire kit to test parking guard on the E2 i was sent to test.

Motion detect being not sensitive enough have also been a issue some times, but that is very rare it happen, it is safe to bet it will be too sensitive even set to low sensitivity.
This is why i use low bitrate, even if this actually do record all the time, at least it do so in low bitrate and so create smaller files and generate less heat while operating.

Normally the hand over to / from parking guard are automatic.
Same of if you have manual turned off the camera as you do not need parking guard ( for example if you park inside your garage ) you just override the parking guard, on the next time the camera will come on as normal and do its thing.

The satellit bars are just signal strength like on your phone, GPS need more than 5 satellits in view to work good.

It is a good thing to play with your camera to see what you get, moving in front of it should create motion activated events if its on, slapping the windscreen or kicking a tire with the sole of your foot should set off the G-sensor if it is on.

The fact your camera do not come on in the morning sound a bit strange, it should do that as manual interaction should not be needed with dashcams in daily operation.

I'll adjust the G-sensor settings. If that doesn't work I'll do a full reset. I also noticed my time is 1 hour behind and does not remember my region setting (New York) when I have GPS set to auto update. I turned off the GPS auto update and now it seems ok. I don't know why that is.

you can also just sit in the car, check something on the phone for a little while, then the camera should also change to parking mode and then you can flick the camera with a finger too, that should also set off the G-sensor.
I know some cameras will do that even if you have just stopped the car but the engine are still running ASO, a few minutes of no movement and it change to parking mode.

Last week i learned that when i have dry wiped my windscreen and with the wiper that need replacement, then going back and forth the wiper rattle on the dry screen and that was enough to set off the G-sensor on my Viofo A119 mini camera, but funny enough my driving did not set off anything.
And i have experienced cameras that would set off the G-sensor all the time due to my,,,,,,, "frisky" driving style, even if it is a POS little 3 CYL 65 HP car i drive, that really in it self are far from potent.

Mind you normally i do have G-sensor off for while driving, but i do use it during parking mode, beside the fact i use low bitrate if i can.

Low bitrate on my Vantrue E2 are a bit funny CUZ it is also time lapse with 15 FPS, other cameras i have do low bitrate regular 30 FPS video, but can also do time lapse, thats just another mode to select.

I am going to try and see if my Vantrue camera can work with the Viofo hard wire kit i have in the car, but it will have to wait untill the next time i put a camera in the car as right now the plug can not reach the E2 system even if its actually right beside the Viofo camera,,,,,, wires tailored a bit too good this time,,,,, normally not the case as i meddle with the cameras so often,

Back