Mount removal

Jimbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
Hi

Has anyone tried to remove the supplied camera mount from the windscreen and did it leave much adhesive behind?

Hi

Has anyone tried to remove the supplied camera mount from the windscreen and did it leave much adhesive behind?

Its all depends on how you removing / pulling away dash cam mount. Best way is to heat up using a hair drier a little bit surrounding of mount windows from inside and outside. This way most double sided tapes dash cams mounts can be pulled away without or with very little glue marks.

Yeah the 3M pad that came with the camera thanks

I used a spare mount to fix a BlackVue DR400G-HD for three months in a hired car, removed without much trouble. To be honest, I was more concerned with not breaking the mount, rather than any residue, but it was easier than I thought: just pivot the mount and it will come out eventually, the remaining glue was easily picked up off the glass by tapping it with the rolled up bit of the same sticky pad.

With quality double-sided tape like 3M brand it's usually no problem, but if using cheaper ones, - then it's much harder and in most of the cases if start pulling out the mount, then half of sponge stays on the glass, other half on the bracket.

Hi

Use a paint scraper gently or a credit card and wipe the area with either meths or turps to remove any leftover .

Back