Moving my SG dash cam

Tanwin

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm contemplating moving my dash cam that I've had installed for about 5-6 days mainly to even up the peripheral vision, because I'm a fussy old B.
Just how hard is it to remove the 3M sticky pad using the string provided and remnants of it?
Will it damage the black windscreen coating behind the rear view mirror?
As its a new car I would hate to damage anything

won't damage the window, once you can get a bit of a break on the seal between the sticker and the glass pull back on the mount, once you can get some air under it it will come up easier, just sawing through it with the string can be hard work if it has been on more than a few days

... just sawing through it with the string can be hard work if it has been on more than a few days

As noted the string will do the job but a faster method is to use dental floss as it's thinner and 'cuts' through easier. Just make sure to protect your fingers as too much pressure will cut through your skin as well.

I removed my SG7LA50G with dental floss, took about 3/5 mins easy to do, just watch your fingers, who knew dental floss was that strong.

I Temp mounted my GC in both truck and car with double sided foam tape. Its sticky enough to stay in place but comes of much easier. I have moved the GC 3 times in the truck to find best position quite easily. now I have found the best position for it will mount it permenant with 3M next week.

Back