my 2nd time with dash cams and I can't decide...

I have parking mode and was positive that I wanted it...that I needed it. Once I had it, I never used it, I just kept it recording full time as it's hardwired and wont kill my battery. I suppose the advantage is that you don't use as much space on the card, but I have a large memory card so I'm not too concerned.
the only issue I see for continuous recording (aside from space) is finding the exact file when an incident does happen. (Much worse if you have set your recording to 1min interval)

It's never a good idea to watch an individual 1 minute video, 1 at a time. Utilize RegistratorViewer.com to combine them all at once and even use the speed up playback option.

the only issue I see for continuous recording (aside from space) is finding the exact file when an incident does happen. (Much worse if you have set your recording to 1min interval)

I keep it on 3 min intervals and the G-sensors is activated so it will lock in the file on an impact, no worries about getting over written. I think I get about 30 hrs of continuous recording on a 128gb card. Space hasn't been an issue, I'm rarely away from my car for long at all. When I return to my car, I always do a walk around to make sure I'm damage free. I just load it up in registrator and find what I need pretty quick, like Pier28 said, I can fast forward until I find what I need. I keep a notepad in my console when I drive to make a note of the time so when I do see something worth looking at later I can find it easily on the card.

I have parking mode and was positive that I wanted it...that I needed it. Once I had it, I never used it...

Different strokes. I spent the past couple of years leaving my Mobius recording in loop-recording mode when my car was parked. Eventually decided that buffered motion & G sensing are features that I didn't previously want, but now do want. Hence the SGZC12RC. Now I have it, I couldn't go back. Funny how needs / wants change over time :)

In Post #1 you say you want Parking Mode. That means different things to different people but, in the proper sense of the term, the SG9665GC doesn't have it. If you want buffered motion detect when parked, consider the SGZC12RC. Other brands that offer proper Parking Mode include Lukas, BlackSys, Thinkware, etc.
So I'm probably confused.
Can you please elaborate what is the correct functionality? Is this when the camera will record when sensing motion?

The Street Guardian SGZC12RC, SGZC12SS, SGZC12SG have Pre-Buffered motion detection, meaning it will save the previous 5 seconds leading up to the event.
The Street Guardian SG9665GC has pause/resume motion detection meaning it captures video as it happens.

The Street Guardian SGZC12RC, SGZC12SS, SGZC12SG have Pre-Buffered motion detection, meaning it will save the previous 5 seconds leading up to the event.
The Street Guardian SG9665GC has pause/resume motion detection meaning it captures video as it happens.

So out of these three: SGZC12RC, SGZC12SS, SGZC12SG
which one best fit my wish list?
is there a comparison table?

Thanks for the help!

If GPS is not a requirement, I'd get two SGZC12RC (should be back in stock later this month in both Australia, EU, and USA)

That's what I use in the Mustang:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ony-exmor-imx322-wdr.8500/page-33#post-151447

This is as stealthy as it gets, but you have to put a bit of effort into the install. (but well worth it)

If you don't have room to hide two main control units, the SGZC12SS is a good deal. (same as the SGZC12SG but no GPS) Both are in stock today.

Either system, if you want to use parking mode/motion detection you'll need to power the device via a hard wire kit. I use the PANOBDP Multi Safer (with a cigarette charger Y-Splitter to plug in SGZC12RC's two cigarette charger plugs)

All systems above can take the heat no problem.

the remote camera thing is going to be an issue. I have no place to hide it.

It's never a good idea to watch an individual 1 minute video, 1 at a time. Utilize RegistratorViewer.com to combine them all at once and even use the speed up playback option.

Funny things happens when something put a dent on your initial dash cam setup.

(i'm still waiting for my first ash cam to be delivered, so can't do this as an experiment)
Are the files in any of the dash camera are the same throughout its recording cycle?

For example:
In the event that you have a continuous recording setup. Let say you camera is facing the wall. After 10 minutes of recording (and having 1 minute rec interval). And on the 8 minute mark, something went pass by the camera (person or animal) , lets say this would take less than 30 seconds.
And with that scenarios, I assume that the file detail (file size and bitrate) on the 1 minute to 7 minute are the same throughout those files.
And on the 8 minute recording (this is where I am not sure) there should be some difference on the file details (higher file size maybe) compared to the first 7 files.
And on the 9 to 10 minute files would have the same value as compared with the first 7 files?

Can anyone who runs continuous recording can confirm any of the postulate above?

the difference in file size would not be noticeable on 99% of cameras
I guess this is also the same with the bitrate.

Back to RA (requirement analysis) phase, thanks for the quick response @jokiin.

Back