My A129 Duo just died

@HonestReview,thanks for your help,but I've done already all the steps and tests which can be done at home,I've tried already AC power adapter,2 powerbanks,PC USB,2 viofo cards and one samsung card.

Comprendo, pero es mas estrana tienes problemas con dos camaras. Pro y Duo. Por lo tanto, no se si un la problema de installacion o las camaras. Esta el razon ofrezco solucciones de problemas.

Last edited:
Comprendo, pero es mas estrana tienes problemas con dos camaras. Pro y Duo. Por lo tanto, no se si un la problema de installacion o las camaras. Esta el razon ofrices solucciones de problemas.
The problems with the Pro are old,I got freezing problems with its original lighter power adapter in summer,I tought is because of summer hot temperatures,even with AC always on pushing air on the windshield that camera is getting really hot in summer,(and is not installed directly on the glass,is installed on the plastic sensor box under the mirror to avoid the hot glass)....Then out of nowhere the parking mode problem occured so thats why I switched back to A129 Duo,using the same cables of the Pro version which were already installed and the powerbank for parking recording.

The problems with the Pro are old,I got freezing problems with its original lighter power adapter in summer,I tought is because of summer hot temperatures,even with AC always on pushing air on the windshield that camera is getting really hot in summer,(and is not installed directly on the glass,is installed on the plastic sensor box under the mirror to avoid the hot glass)....Then out of nowhere the parking mode problem occured so thats why I switched back to A129 Duo.

1. Primero, la camara de Pro parada grabaccion en que condicciones? Perde Energia? Parada grabacion y hace un bip?
2. Y Camara de Duo. Cuando parada grabacion, hace un bip? O cual es la problema?

Tambien, extrana tiene dos camaras con problemas. Mis camaras opera in condicciones de 30C in verano y connecta at la ventana. No tengo problemas. Tengo un camara (Viofo A129 Duo) en cada coche para mas o menos dos anos sin problemas. Verano, Invierno, etc etc

Last edited:
1. Primero, la camara de Pro parada grabaccion en que condicciones? Perde Energia? Parada grabacion y hace un bip?
2. Y Camara de Duo. Cuando parada grabacion, hace un bip? O cual es la problema?

Tambien, extrana tiene dos camaras con problemas. Mis camaras opera in condicciones de 30C in verano y connecta at la ventana. No tengo problemas.
1.A129 Pro was frozen not responding to any button and the 2 Leds on,after 10 hours recording in normal mode 1080p resolution on both cameras.Powerbank was on 74% so plenty of power.I was using the Pro today for the first time since autumn,as my A129 Duo died a few days ago.
2.A129 Duo was working perfectly fine used the last 2 months,it suddenly died a few days ago,please read all the previous posts and you will understand.

I will flash tonight the V1.2ACC.T for the A129 Pro,as I remember that version was more decent and see what happens..The A129Duo was good because I forgot about the camera,it was working fine in normal recording,I never found it freezed.I just want the dashcam to do its job,I don't want to check every day the footage to see if is allright or flashing firmwares this is annoying,I just want a reliable camera which does the job.

Last edited:
1.A129 Pro was frozen not responding to any button and the 2 Leds on,after 10 hours recording in normal mode 1080p resolution on both cameras.Powerbank was on 74% so plenty of power.I was using the Pro today for the first time since autumn,as my A129 Duo died a few days ago.
2.A129 Duo was working perfectly fine used the last 2 months,it suddenly died a few days ago,please read all the previous posts and you will understand.

Leo todos y comprendo todos escritos, pero extrana problemas. En este situaccion, haga contacta con Viofo y pregunta para una camara nueva. Buenos Suerte. Es posible, tienes mala suerte, pero peseo dos camaras para mas or menos dos anos sin problemas. Por lo tanto, no se.

I've just checked the footage on the A129 Pro and the camera freezed just 5 minutes before I reached to the car at 18:05PM with the last two files corrupted..I also noticed that the displayed hour is wrong..For example front camera video is showing 10:50:00 at the begining of the clip and next front video is showing 10:50:20 instead of 10:53:00 for 3 minutes clips.All the files are fine and last 3 minutes but the time overlayed is wrong..Also there is a 6 seconds gap between the front and rear camera files..The camera was resetted to factory defaults from the menu and from the hard reset button yesterday.Also de card was formatted in long format mode with SD Card formater and after that formatted in camera slot too.Can this problem be related to the SD card?I used a 128GB Viofo High Endurance MLC card.If so is this a better card to use with the A129 Pro?
This one seems to be a newer model:

Last edited:
I've just checked the footage on the A129 Pro and the camera freezed just 5 minutes before I reached to the car at 18:05PM with the last two files corrupted..I also noticed that the displayed hour is wrong..For example front camera video is showing 10:50:00 at the begining of the clip and next front video is showing 10:50:20 instead of 10:53:00 for 3 minutes clips.All the files are fine and last 3 minutes but the time overlayed is wrong..Also there is a 6 seconds gap between the front and rear camera files..The camera was resetted to factory defaults from the menu and from the hard reset button yesterday.Also de card was formatted in long format mode with SD Card formater and after that formatted in camera slot too.Can this problem be related to the SD card?I used a 128GB Viofo High Endurance MLC card.If so is this a better card to use with the A129 Pro?
Check that the card format is Fat32.

I would think Viofo High Endurance Card would work with a Viofo Camera....Try formatting with SD card Formatter and doing overwrite format. Then formatting as Fat 32.

I run a Sandisk A2 Extreme in my Viofo Duo without problem.

Check that the card format is Fat32.
Yes it is,I formatted the card yesterday with SD card formater in overwrite mode,and after that formatted inside the camera.Just made a screenshot of the card it is FAT32.Maybe the Viofo card is too slow for the A129 Pro,but the streams from the cameras were 1080p resolution so it shouldnt be a speed problem.

Attachments

• viofo 128GB.JPG
    viofo 128GB.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 10
Yes it is,I formatted the card yesterday with SD card formater in overwrite mode,and after that formatted inside the camera.Just made a screenshot of the card it is FAT32.Maybe the Viofo card is too slow for the A129 Pro,but the streams from the cameras were 1080p resolution so it shouldnt be a speed problem.
Do you have another card to try (another brand)?

I have a smaller 64GB Viofo MLC which came with the A129 PRO and a Samsung card wich I used for flashing firmware but is small 32GB..I have another Samsung 128GB used 1 month in 2019 when I bought my A129 Duo but is in my phone now :)

I have a smaller 64GB Viofo MLC which came with the A129 PRO and a Samsung card wich I used for flashing firmware but is small 32GB..I have another Samsung 128GB used 1 month in 2019 when I bought my A129 Duo but is in my phone now :)
Maybe put the Viofo 128GB card in your phone and try the Samsung 128GB in the A129 Pro?

That's my thought (which I said in Spanish to him). Seems odd two cameras and both have problems. Either improper hardwiring or faulty SD card seems more likely. Not to say two bad cameras can't happen, but I think troubleshooting needs to take place before we can say it's 100% the cameras fault.

That's my thought (which I said in Spanish to him). Seems odd two cameras and both have problems. Either improper hardwiring or faulty SD card seems more likely. Not to say two bad cameras can't happen, but I think troubleshooting needs to take place before we can say it's 100% the cameras fault.
I never had a problem with the A129 Duo instead of the rear camera dupe frames wich I solved flashing the v.1.11 old firmware,after that never had a problem with this camera till it suddenly died a few days ago..The A129 Pro is another story...there is no improper hardwiring as I'm using 2 good powerbanks,is as simple as connect the camera usb cable to powerbank usb plug.I also had the same problems with the A129 Pro connected directly to the car's 12V lighter plug,because of those problems(freezing,not switching to normal recording from parking mode recording,not detecting movement in front of camera sometimes even waving my hand in front of it) I switched back to A129..I was thinking the A129 Pro is failing because of hot summer or not reliable software,still waiting a software to fix the parking mode problems..but today were only 6 degrees Celsius in the work garage and the camera freezed after almost 10 hours,so is firmware or SD card problem or a mix of both..

I never had a problem with the A129 Duo instead of the rear camera dupe frames wich I solved flashing the v.1.11 old firmware,after that never had a problem with this camera till it suddenly died a few days ago..The A129 Pro is another story...there is no improper hardwiring as I'm using 2 good powerbanks,is as simple as connect the camera usb cable to powerbank usb plug.I also had the same problems with the A129 Pro connected directly to the car's 12V lighter plug,because of those problems(freezing,not switching to normal recording from parking mode recording,not detecting movement in front of camera sometimes even waving my hand in front of it) I switched back to A129..I was thinking the A129 Pro is failing because of hot summer or not reliable software,still waiting a software to fix the parking mode problems..but today were only 6 degrees Celsius in the work garage and the camera freezed after almost 10 hours,so is firmware or SD card problem or a mix of both..
Might be worth trying a different parking mode as well (if the different card does not help). Auto Event Detection seems to be the most troublesome.

Might be worth trying a different parking mode as well (if the different card does not help). Auto Event Detection seems to be the most troublesome.
I tried everything in summer-autumn but not reliable unfortunately,so since then I was using normal recording on both cameras.Less resolution on A129 Pro because of power consumtion and lower temperatures.I'm not angry at viofo,just hope they release a better firmware for the A129 Pro sometime,the camera is out from one year ago.I bought the PRO on the very first batch on 24th of September 2019.

Back