My fake G1W of eBay ¬¬ (totodeal)

http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-processors/
  • NT96650: 1080P 30fps, AVI format, H.264 compression, support WDR(HDR), support GPS
  • NT96632: 720P 30fps, (1080P 25fps interpolation), AVI format, H.264 Compression, NO WDR, most NO GPS
  • NT96220: 720P 30fps, (1080P 25fps interpolation), M-JPEG (NOT H.264, double file size), NO WDR, NO GPS
Poor video quality of NT96220...
I corrected the sentence. NT96220 is not 1080p supported
Video quality is mainly determined by lens, CMOS chip.

Last edited:
@lyu0001: Are you referring to the cheap blue versions, or about lower quality NT96220 in general?

also different mount than original.
Is it like 604footage? If not do you happen to have a picture of the mount?

The only two I have seen is the one I have and the one 604footage posted, but we both bought ours from estore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, I got that orange box too!!! But I bought it from estore009 on ebay (for $52). How do I open the camera? I want to check if I have the correct chip too. My menu is different than yours, but not sure if it's truly 1080p or if maybe the camera is just stretching the image.

jSivC1M8otY7D.jpg
Just because the box is orange does not mean you have a fake version.
This might be the capacitor G1W-C.
Our order arrived all in orange boxes, we ordered G1W-C. File is .mov, 30fps, and HDMI output.

I have a suspicion that the orange box is the new box now. Of course you have to watch where you buy from as like all cameras they get copied, and cheaper parts used.

ok
count me in, i got a so call g1w dashcam from oohsomuch from ebay, and after visioning the first video i made, i found the quality to be inferior to what i could find on the net.
so i type fake g1w in google, and i ended up on this forum, and then i realized i have a fake g1w, my dashcam has the nt96220 chip
690992IMG3547.jpg
610221IMG3548.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping this up with another fake G1W. I've been lurking here, and finally won an auction on eBay for one of these. I got it, opened it and it was the wrong color. So I found this review again: http://dashcamtalk.com/g1w and it pointed me to these threads with fake units. I registered just to say that I got a fake one too :(

It has an HDMI port and the box is the same as manthi posted above. I tested it by recording and viewing the files, and it records at 24fps in .avi format.

eBay seller name suran5176http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/members/manthi.5753/

ok guys here's some update on my case, i opened a dispute with paypal and after fruitless exchanges with the seller the dispute got escalated so paypal had to make a decision, and in the end i got a full refund,
so this is a happy ending for me.
now i am going to buy a new one, and believe me i am going to make sure i get the real thing this time, thank you dashcamtalk for all the info i have been able to find here, it helped me resolved my case

I hope u guys got ur,refund back, and please remember to leave a negative feedback to the seller to save other potential buyers

Just signed up to respond to this thread. I received an orange box similar to what was posted previously, however I ordered from SpyTec.

The files created ARE in fact 30fps 1080p 15mb/s .MOV files. Is that the defining factor to say this is the proper product/chipset?

It has an HDMI port (that looks real enough - I don't have a mini HDMI cable), and the Version # is GT300-96650-0330

No HDMI cable was included. Thanks, all!

Last edited:
just bought a g1wh from foxoffer , so we'll see how it goes, looks like an honest seller judging by the feedback i found on the net

Wish you are lucky as foxoffer would be trustable.
Buying non brand products always like the Russian roulette, even a reliable reseller could not 100% guarantee it is not the fake one.

In China nowadays to make a dashcam so easy, you could get PCBA from one supplier, other one supply you the cases, you could by the packaging on market, so the end, no one know where the camera from.

All that could happen because it is cheap and to do so can go to even cheaper,
Below is the blog about why non brand product, you also can get reference.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/innovv-official-blog.5763/#post-67897

Anyway, all is your money, you could make the decision where to buy and which to buy. :)

Reactions: Mtz
ok some news, i got my G1WH from foxoffer, this time it is the real deal,
there is a huge difference in quality, graphically but also the sound is much better, with the 96220 it was inaudible, but with the 96650, sound is very good
with the 96650, image is much crispier and it does record in .mov with 30 fps, also a 10 min video is about 1gb with the 96650, while it was 2gb for the same length with the 96220

96220.jpg

96650.jpg

The quality of the 96220 you posted looks like from a G1W knockoff o.o

that's exactly what it is, a cheap copy, and the reason why i got refunded

Going through the same thing here From Amazon.com seller was Meijibo.

they just replied to my complaint with the same offer, a $10 refund... so hard to believe that there are clones of something so cheap and I'm normally the kinda of guy to not make this mistake. Its frustrating for sure. I have ordered another one from the link in the official forum from banggood, fingers crossed. Will let you know how it goes with Amazon.

Been on this forum for over a year lurking, great work guys. I intend to become a little more active after this in the hope that it will help others.

Well finally got a G1WH from the banggood contact provided in another thread. Wow, the difference is amazing love it. The Amazon seller Meijibo gave me a full refund for my other one too and apologized, so couldn't ask for a happier ending.

so is there anyway to find out if yours is fake besides opening it up for sure? ive opened it up but havent taken the mother board out. mine came in the orange box, has HDMI, and the files are 1080p .MOV files.

well i scared myself for a second thinking I had a fake, especially when i finally got it open and the damn thing had a sticker COVERING the processor. thought they did that on purpose to hide that it was a fake.

Attachments

• IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 54
guys, please, maybe anybode knows, what is wring with my G1W (the dashcam is the original one, as I opened the body to check the name of processor - 96550)? It seems like out of focus. Please, see the files attached. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• g1w_capture.JPG
    g1w_capture.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 34
guys, please, maybe anybode knows, what is wring with my G1W (the dashcam is the original one, as I opened the body to check the name of processor - 96550)? It seems like out of focus. Please, see the files attached. Thank you very much!

It looks like the lens may be slightly out of focus. You can refocus the lens manually and then secure the threads again with a spot of glue or use tape if you want to be able to readjust the focus again in the future. You obviously already know how to open the housing of the camera.

Back