My fake G1W of eBay ¬¬ (totodeal)

I think the first way to identify the chipset is looking at date/hour.

Dashcam with Novatek NT96650 chipset:
96650.jpg

Dashcam with Novatek NT96620 chipset:
96220.jpg

I am not sure the sellers really want to cheat and I believe more that they are not professional in their business and they don't know how to buy the correct things and some bastard was making the fake using components from different places and chose the box with the N96650 dates and some agent sold the fake to these sellers. I don't think will be a problem if they will sell the same sh*t but with correct description.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't think will be a problem if they will sell the same sh*t but with correct description.
This is what bothers me the most.
They can sell low end devices all day long and I would have no issue.
If you want to sell low end junk have a field day. Just be honest.

That is one thing that stuck with me about Bulls-I when I visited their booth at a car part swap. He was very upfront with me that some of the models I had looked at were VGA, but that he had HD models as well.

While I would never buy a low end camera again after my first camera blind buy before I came here I always have a bit of respect for them for being upfront and honest about the product.

That's all I am asking and I think it's fair.

Also while the picture comparison is a nice visual I just wanted to point out my G1W saves in .MOV not .AVI as the picture mentions.

I also got a fake one, bought from sun_mart off ebay, dispute resolution in progress now
I'd like to propose a second sticky of a list of fake G1W sellers.

I have one blue bought in E-prance on Aliexpress. I simply took a photo and right click on file, it shows a name of chip:
camera model: 96650
It still has 30fps and .mov format video, so blue color is a real G1W. The box is orange.

Some good info in this thread! I just received a fake unit from ebay seller 'globalfreeshipping.' Came in the orange box, even says .MOV on the box, but it is not :/.

Perhaps someone could create a stickied thread 'How to tell if your G1W is fake' or something similar. The pictures / screenshots that KCO and Mtz took are especially useful and quick way to identify different versions.

Perhaps someone could create a stickied thread 'How to tell if your G1W is fake' or something similar.
I'll try to add it in the sellers thread.

Just signed up, wish I had found this thread sooner, bought from sun_mart. In dispute process now...

Reactions: Mtz
This price is too low for real G1W,And just stay away these fake items!
And it is much safe to spend $7 more to get one real G1W !

We want to know how much for this fake G1W on Ebay ,and where you order from?
Actually,we have US-based store for G1W also on Ebay ,and this is the link for ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Dreamlover20...&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=12&_sc=1
Just a comment here but the same company operating under multiple names is not making things easier for the consumer. In fact, in this case it's causing confusion in an already confusing marketplace.

If you have a good reputation under one name why would you want to do business under a different name? Usually when a company operates under multiple names it's because they are trying to hide something.

Yes,in order to do something in a simple way,we starts to label our company logo "blueskysea" on cameras;
So,you can contact us more simple if you find there is one"blueskysea" logo on camera!
$_57.JPG

I think I have a fake orange box also... I am suppose to have chipset NT96650 and my screen is so bright its like it pointed into the sun. It states on the box MOV files... They are AVI files... My date and time are also different, number are white but the area in which they are is a black box on the lower right hand side. My other BlueSeaSky where just numbers on the screen and not in a blacked out box.

If you can spend $5 more,you can get one real G1W from our ebay store;

Latest model or another Fake?
This is what the inside of myG1W (ebay) looks like.... no CPU at all!
.... well hopefully there is one on the LCD side?!?!?

G1Wc.jpg

G1Wc.jpg

G1Wa.jpg

Attachments

• G1Wb.jpg
    G1Wb.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 9
That's strange.

One can usually tell the chip from the timestamp though, do you have a screenshot?

Back