My favorite Traffic light ...

rsfoto

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Dash Cam
DrivePro 620, Drive Pro 220, Drive Pro 100
which for many drivers and even the police is always in Darkgreen ... :cool:

BTW this is everyday procedure for the desperate drivers ... as well as red light runners from the on front coming passenger buses

Episode #1

Episode #2

On one hand, that's a really long light. And with the speed bump that oncoming traffic has, it's a fairly safe left turn... as long as cross traffic stops. But they don't.

If it wasn't for the MX license plates and taxis, and the Spanish on the radio, I'd think it was just another video from Russia.

Even though I live in Texas I've never driven to Mexico. My wife has family in Puerto Rico but we can't really drive there from here ;)

which for many drivers and even the police is always in Darkgreen ... :cool:

BTW this is everyday procedure for the desperate drivers ... as well as red light runners from the on front coming passenger buses

Episode #1

Episode #2
Green lights? Ain't nobody got time (to wait) for that!!! :confused::mad:
On the other hand, Angela Maria's favorite music to listen to during sex is a very interesting subject. ;):p

Last edited:
On one hand, that's a really long light. And with the speed bump that oncoming traffic has, it's a fairly safe left turn... as long as cross traffic stops.
It doesn't matter if it's long or short or if it's safe to turn: it's a red light, they have to stop. Period!

Too many US cars and old VW's to be Russia. I always see some pristine looking bugs with MX tags near the border. :) I think produced the old style beetle in Mexico in the the 2000's?
A 2003 beetle was in the news recently when it broke down at the US/Mexico border, and the border patrol helped push it across....where they inspected it...and found it loaded with marijuana. :)
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ull-of-weed-to-laredo-crossing-arrest-him.ece

Yes, the Eagles were a famous Mexican pop band. (Caballo with no nombre) :)

Gibson, I think they ferry cars from Jacksonville, FL to Puerto Rico. Not a passenger ferry service with car capability, but you could get your car there, and maybe back. :)

When I lived in Tampa they had a passenger/carry ferry that was on/off again for a while, running between Tampa and Veracruz.

On one hand, that's a really long light. And with the speed bump that oncoming traffic has, it's a fairly safe left turn... as long as cross traffic stops. But they don't.

If you think that is a long red light I can show you another one which is 4 minutes :)

I'd think it was just another video from Russia.

Yes, sometimes I think I am in Russia after seeing the russian videos. :eek:

BTW that is Mexico City and Mexico City has one of the most modern car parks in Mexico. :confused:

Those Micro passenger busses as we call them here are in the worst conditions. There is no such thing as a technical review every 2 years like for example in Germany called TÜV

If you think that is a long red light I can show you another one which is 4 minutes :)....
Why would you be smiling about that - unless you're on the green side. :D

Why would you be smiling about that - unless you're on the green side. :D

In the morning on the 4 minute red side and in the afternoon on the 4 minute green side

:D

Yellow light, means 'andale'?
In the US it means 'floor it, while ducking in the seat a little and nervously looking around'.
:)

This is where I learned most of my spanish, sorry.

Thanks dash and Gibson. Will look closely to see if I can spot Yellow somewhere

;)

Not much to see in Amarillo, lots of cows, not much else.
(OK a few less cows as we read this..._

And the cadillac ranch...

Where are you going to ?

México :eek: or Amarillo :)

Stopping overnight in Yellow, Tejas on our way to visit my dad in Colorado.

i knew about the Big Texan (and have never been), but didn't realize the Cadillac ranch was near Amarillo - might have to swing by there - the kids ought to love it. for me the best thing there is actually about 20 miles south - Palo Duro Canyon. captured a sunrise there with my dashcam last time we went:

The Cadillac Ranch is off of the south frontage road on I-40, just west of Amarillo. I forget which exit it is, possibly Helium Road. You can see it from I-40. Just West of it is a small Loves truckstop/convenience store, if you see that, get off, and come back east on the south frontage road a mile or so. There's room to park on the shoulder, some trash cans, and an opening in the fence you can walk through. I've passed it 2 times in the last few days, and there's been an unusual amount of tourists stopping there. Usually you see 2-3 cars, max. Last few days were 15-20 each time, and on July 4 there was even a souvenir vendor.
(Never seen that before.) Good place to kill a few minutes, stretch your legs, and it's not too far out of your path to Colorado. Maybe add 5-10 miles, max.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2220

yeah, it's pretty much on our way. we can hit it up in the morning on our way out - we normally take Tascosa rd NW out of amarillo headed up towards Boy's Ranch and eventually the NE corner of NM. map shows there's a road right there that goes from that Loves north to Tascosa. hopefully in the morning it won't be too crowded, and won't be too hot yet.

Back