My first 'legit' cam

schmendrick

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BOOMYOURS 2.7 dual lense
Okay. Been wandering around here for a while. Been doing a lot of reading, including ALL 32 pages of the 'Mobius' thread...I get a bit lost with all the computer technical jargon (hence my signature), but I know where the experts are for my questions!

I think I'm ready. I'm gonna get the Mobius next week and use that until I can save up for the Lukas 7900 Ace. Then I'll use the Mobius as my second cam facing rearward or at the drivers side window for if I get pulled over.

Still searching the forums for an alternative source for infrared exterior lighting to enhance night vision capabilities for the cam. I live in a really rural part of the state...

The Möbius has no infrared night vision so the IR lamps aren't going to help. Perhaps you should look into upgrading your headlights if its really that hard to see. With my Möbius and my HID projector retrofit things are more than visible.

Okay. Been wandering around here for a while. Been doing a lot of reading, including ALL 32 pages of the 'Mobius' thread...I get a bit lost with all the computer technical jargon (hence my signature), but I know where the experts are for my questions!

I think I'm ready. I'm gonna get the Mobius next week and use that until I can save up for the Lukas 7900 Ace. Then I'll use the Mobius as my second cam facing rearward or at the drivers side window for if I get pulled over.

Still searching the forums for an alternative source for infrared exterior lighting to enhance night vision capabilities for the cam. I live in a really rural part of the state...
With most cameras on dark unlit country roads, you will only see what the headlights see. In realistic terms, similar to what your eyes see on a road with no lights and only trees on the side. Oncoming traffic and lights will be seen.

If I get a chance later I can post a video on a unlit highway to give you an idea of the Mobius A lens. Keep in mind that many say the night performance used to be better on previous firmwares and recently they sort of BETA tested a low light version that was great, unfortunately wasn't ready for prime time. So the performance should improve a bit in time when they completely sort all the firmware upgrades out.

Mine seems to see a bit less at night that what I see. Maybe a bit more then a bit less. The darker areas look darker. The car lights are extra bright, as are the tail lights. I'm using auto WB so that may be it but I cant adjust it for every occasion...No, not using low light mode thing...

Ok, here's a video filmed on an unlit highway. In the first few seconds of the video, you can see a man run across the highway then me put my brights on. I noticed afterward that my headlights seemed dim that day, yet it should give you a good perspective. Of course Vimeo downgraded the quality.

Watching these dash cams always makes me a bit anxious. Dont know why. Strange perspective and lack of control I guess.

GJHS What's this a race? You are passing everyone! Or is it everyone's just going slow?

I'll have to watch the rest of your videos now...

EDIT: Watched "Dogs". What a lie! I didnt see one dog!

EDIT 2: Watched "Red means go?" Much better performance. Good soundtrack.
People do this in NYC all the time, especially on Broadway. They make a turn on a green and then have to stop and they think somehow the red light they are facing doesnt count since they were turning.

Edit 3: Watched "Los Dioses de Marte". Not exactly how I pictured "The Gods Of Mars". When I picture the story it has a lot less Mr.Bills then your version. Sure there's that one guy, but that's about all.

Last edited:
Watching these dash cams always makes me a bit anxious. Dont know why. Strange perspective and lack of control I guess.

GJHS What's this a race? You are passing everyone! Or is it everyone's just going slow?

I'll have to watch the rest of your videos now...

EDIT: Watched "Dogs". What a lie! I didnt see one dog!

EDIT 2: Watched "Red means go?" Much better performance. Good soundtrack.
People do this in NYC all the time, especially on Broadway. They make a turn on a green and then have to stop and they think somehow the red light they are facing doesnt count since they were turning.

Edit 3: Watched "Los Dioses de Marte". Not exactly how I pictured "The Gods Of Mars". When I picture the story it has a lot less Mr.Bills then your version. Sure there's that one guy, but that's about all.
Good morning Mr. Spielberg, morning Mom :p I was right with traffic until the twisty section where people tend to go slow. It's tighter than it looks.

NYC? I'm from NY, I thought I recognized that sarcasm neighbor :D

One car was fast enough to overtake him ... must have been a Veyron!
Veyron? Driving a new Jetta could get you kidnapped here. With an average of 46 kidnappings a month, people are driving simple cars. I know a few people trading their medium size cars for safety concerns.

NYC? I'm from NY, I thought I recognized that sarcasm neighbor :D

ALERT THE MEDIA! ALERT THE MEDIA! STOP THOSE DIGITAL PRESSES!

Sarcasm recognized on the internet!

ALERT THE MEDIA! ALERT THE MEDIA! STOP THOSE DIGITAL PRESSES!

Sarcasm recognized on the internet!
Funny part is here people just don't get the sarcasm. I imagine it's the same in other parts of the world. So advanced apologies if it's read wrong

image.jpg

Funny part is here people just don't get the sarcasm. I imagine it's the same in other parts of the world. So advanced apologies if it's read wrong

View attachment 4222

There IS a font for sarcasm! (Sort of....they're workin' on it.)

"Sartalics" is text that leans left (instead of right like italics) to convey sarcasm.

See: Sarcastic Font

See also: The Sarcasm Society

Last edited:
Even with fonts some people from some countries dont do sarcasm, it's just not in their culture. They seem to get pissed at me a lot.

Back on topic-ish...
I'm surprised no one asked schmendrick what he meant by "my first 'legit' cam". Did hehave illegitimate cams?

Wait, I'll ask him.

Schmendrick, did you have illegitimate cams?

Last edited:
Even with fonts some people from some countries dont do sarcasm, it's just not in their culture. They seem to get pissed at me a lot.

Back on topic-ish...
I'm surprised no one asked schmendrick what he meant by "my first 'legit' cam". Did hehave illegitimate cams?

Wait, I'll ask him.

Schmendrick, did you have illegitimate cams?
His last cam made him a star. That's pretty legit, maybe too legit to quit!
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/new-from-ny.4450/#post-52656

Last edited by a moderator:
Illegitimate! Ha! Got a good old fashion real smile out of me for that one. My cam I'm running now was bought in haste without much research after a negative encounter with LEO. Can't say much more than that right now, per the advice of my lawyer. Neither me nor the police officer had a dash cam, so my word against his. So, I bought something just to get something up and running. After reading and poking around the interwebs I found you guys. Now I'm getting a Mobius next week, and a Lukas 7900 when I can save up for it.

That's a bit grim Grimm (;)) I used to be a cop until I took a full time job as a Domestic Engineer with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education and Development last year. (read: full time stay at home dad) Without details, it was a case of profiling (my NRA stickers) that thereby led to my 4th amendment rights being violated.

Some of us otherwise mature, upstanding citizens have had some less than stellar experiences over the years with people in your former profession schmendrick , hence Grimm's post and my "like" of said post. Sounds like you might know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Back