My first 'legit' cam

Some of us otherwise mature, upstanding citizens have had some less than stellar experiences over the years with people in your former profession schmendrick , hence Grimm's post and my "like" of said post. Sounds like you might know what I'm talking about.
After living here, I have the utmost respect for the police in the US.

After living here, I have the utmost respect for the police in the US.

I have a few stories I could tell you GJHS. In fact, I may be taking the local State Police to court because some of them were protecting a friend of theirs who finally got arrested for stalking, harassing and threatening me after I hired an attorney when he tried to screw me in a business deal and caused a lot of damage to my property. I mention this because this is the reason I got into dash cams and the footage I captured was in part why he finally got busted.

I have a few stories I could tell you GJHS. In fact, I may be taking the local State Police to court because some of them were protecting a friend of theirs who finally got arrested for stalking, harassing and threatening me after I hired an attorney when he tried to screw me in a business deal and caused a lot of damage to my property. I mention this because this is the reason I got into dash cams and the footage I captured was in part why he finally got busted.
Man, sorry to hear you had to deal with such issues. Definitely take them to the fullest extent of the law. They aren't anymore above it than us citizens. Glad to hear the dash cam got you some evidence. This reminds me to see if my Möbius can swivel to the drivers side window in case I get pulled over. I imagine in mexico the police are much worse, GJHS. Bribery is a major problem down there I've heard. Any idea how the courts lean down there? Would a case against an officer ever stand up, or would it just be easier to buy the officer off, lol?

Here if you get robbed and you call the police, that could get you killed. Just be thankful they got your stuff and moved on. You wouldn't believe the stories unless you live here.

Don't tell the cop you have a camera if you know what's good for you here

Last edited:
Here if you get robbed and you call the police you could then get killed. Just be thankful they got your stuff and moved on. You would believe the stories unless you live here.

Wow, that's absurd. Stay safe!

Wow, that's absurd. Stay safe!
It's no joke here. The papers are not lying. Thank God everyday that in the US, you call 911 and someone comes to protect you. You see a cop and you know you're safe

And say a prayer for Mexico.

Last edited:
Watching these dash cams always makes me a bit anxious. Dont know why. Strange perspective and lack of control I guess.

I always have problems with videos from England, Australia, or any other country that drives on the left side of the road. Sorry, but my brain is now hard wired to the right side and anything else makes me go wacko. Then again, people from England, Australia, and others countries will say, "You're from the USA, they're all wacko there." ;)

I'm just a master at keeping threads on topic.

Considering the reasons schmendrick posted this thread and the reasons he wants a decent dash cam, along with the fact that dash cams have played a central role in my situation and was the reason I got interested in them, I figure we are very much still on topic. One of these days I may go to the effort of telling my whole story here. Because of my situation, which went on for years, my first dash cam was a Panasonic miniDV camcorder mounted on my dashboard with a big wad of Funtack adhesive putty.

Last edited:
I always have problems with videos from England, Australia, or any other country that drives on the left side of the road. Sorry, but my brain is now hard wired to the right side and anything else makes me go wacko. Then again, people from England, Australia, and others countries will say, "You're from the USA, they're all wacko there." ;)

I've always figured that if I had to operate a vehicle in a country where people drive on the opposite side of the road I would immediately end up in a head-on collision. :confused:

I've always figured that if I had to operate a vehicle in a country where people drive on the opposite side of the road I would immediately end up in a head-on collision. :confused:

it doesn't happen immediately, it's usually when you do something besides following the flow of traffic, pull out of an underground carpark onto an empty road and then drive off on the wrong side out of the road, that sort of thing

it doesn't happen immediately, it's usually when you do something besides following the flow of traffic, pull out of an underground carpark onto an empty road and then drive off on the wrong side out of the road, that sort of thing

Yeah, I'll bet it would be something like that. Sounds like you have a few stories you could tell, jokiin.

I always have problems with videos from England, Australia, or any other country that drives on the left side of the road.

Spare a thought for the people of Burma. They drive on the right, but their vehicles are right hand drive, which makes overtaking more exciting.

Their buses have doors on the left, so passengers alight onto the road in front of passing traffic, not onto the pavement / sidewalk. Madness.

Then again, people from England, Australia, and others countries will say, "You're from the USA, they're all wacko there." ;)

You said it :D

I found driving in LA, LV, San F easy (i was worried before arriving) like jokiin said, driving around rural areas is where you get caught out as there no one else to copy, i.e. Death Valley :D

Spare a thought for the people of Burma. They drive on the right, but their vehicles are right hand drive, which makes overtaking more exciting.

Their buses have doors on the left, so passengers alight onto the road in front of passing traffic, not onto the pavement / sidewalk. Madness.

Top Gear Burma Special education? :)

Here if you get robbed and you call the police, that could get you killed. Just be thankful they got your stuff and moved on. You wouldn't believe the stories unless you live here.

And here I was thinking "Mexico, NY" (13114) Hahaha. I'm an idiot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico,_New_York

No, I'm here in sunny Mexico near Mexico City. I'm the idiot, I didn't even know there was a Mexico, NY.

What made you move to Mexico? work?

were really going off topic here..

Back