My First Video Here

Very nice would be great if you would post some rainy or low light videos.

PS: Everytime I see dash cam videos from the US I wonder why there are any car accidents.

Such wide and big street. Everybody is driving as slow and careful and conservative as possible.

There are not many people who're speeding and not many people who're drinking and driving or on drugs (these are only guesses because of those high penalitys :) )

germany said:
not many people who're drinking and driving (these are only guesses because of those high penalitys :) )

I was not even driving or even INSIDE the vehicle and I got hit with this. Lost my license and everything.

They are VERY strict here. Had the vehicle running, I was working on the motor, had beers out. That's all it took. :x

WhiteEightBall said:
I was not even driving or even INSIDE the vehicle and I got hit with this. Lost my license and everything.

They are VERY strict here. Had the vehicle running, I was working on the motor, had beers out. That's all it took. :x

Wow this is unbelieveable. Maybe it depends on in which state you live but loosing the driving license for repearing a car with running engine and drinking beer this is madness :eek:

I'm glad you got your license back and everything

Never said I got it back. :oops: :(

Still dealing with this nonsense. Unfortunately.

Oh my god I thought you where driving in the video you postet in the beginning of this thread :)

I hope you'll get it back soon.

In germany you can also loos your license for repairing your car while having a few beer but I think you must be very very drunk and it depends also on the police officers.

But when you'll loose it because of this it would be a hard and long way to get it back. It takes a few month maybe a whole year and you are not allowed to drink any alcohol in that time. Then you get checked by a psychologist which can cost 1000 Euros maybe a more few hundred Euros for preparation for this test. If you pass the pschological talk (test) you don't have to make it again and pay again for it. Then you can take driving lessons make then tests which costs you another 1300 or 1500 Euros :mrgreen:

Pretty much the same here. The initial fine was $1750 USD. The Psyc test is $225 USD. The Brethalyzer on the vehicle is $67 USD a month for a whole year so it comes out to around $805 USD. The classes are another $300 USD IF the psyc test deems the classes necessary. However, it is in the Psychologists best interest to send you to the classes. They get paid MORE to send you to the classes than if they do not. :roll: Stupid. Recovering an Occupation license is $55 USD. Recovering your actual License will be $100 after the 8 months I have to wait.

Total I will be spending around $3250.00 USD for this garbage.

So far I'm $2500 into the total. Paid for 2 Occupational Licenses, of which they have revoked BOTH and say I need to remove some vehicles from my name. Vehicles I have no proof of ownership... 2 months ago I sent in a request for exemption on these vehicles, the judge "hasn't gotten around to it yet", or so I'm told by the court clerk.

Everyone around here says the system is there to help us. From where I'm standing, the system is there to make money and screw us every way it possibly can, and it is doing a mighty fine job if it as well.

It's my main deciding factor in having bought the dash cam from you jokiin. Had I had one, I wouldn't be going through all this. I would have had all the proof I needed on the video. :cry:

Never again will this, or anything else that's not my fault, happen to me again while driving.

WhiteEightBall said:
The Brethalyzer on the vehicle is $67 USD a month for a whole year so it comes out to around $805 USD.
That's a bargain! Overhere you get the thing for two years at a total cost between 4000 and 5000 euro! (5200~6500USD)

The more stories like this I hear the more I realise how lenient they are in Australia and yet anyone there that has this trouble thinks our penalties are excessive, some of you guys have it real tough by comparison

This is not a penalty, it is a precondition for being allowed te drive again. First you get a fine and some months ban:
235-350 ug/l EUR: 340
355-435 ug/l EUR: 470
440-500 ug/l EUR: 600
505-570 ug/l EUR: 700
575-650 ug/l EUR: 850+6months
655-715 ug/l EUR: 1000+6months
720-785 ug/l EUR: 1100+7months
790-865 ug/l EUR: 1200+8months
870-945 ug/l EUR: 1400+9months
950-1020 ug/l EUR: 1500+10months
Over that you'll have to do community services or jailtime as well

Then if you're over 570 (or 435 if you have your license less than 5 years) you'll get a "alcohollock".
When you're over 785 you' bet tested as well for the next 10 years.

And I'm all for it, drinking an driving is a big nono.

I do agree, I'm also in favor of the laws.

What I'm not in favor for, is how this law was used against me, as I had no intention of driving. It was all in technicalities. I had 1 tire touching the shoulder that was connected to the street, the vehicle running, and was obviously over the limit. What I hate is that I'm sure it was just to meet some sort of quota that the local PD here has instated upon it's force. So they go looking for easy targets and excuses to punish those with no ill intent.

Back