My (mis)Adventures setting up a Powercell 8 with 2 Cellink Neo Extended

DashCamUser123

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Problem: Cellink Neo PLUS app displays inaccurate parking mode capacity. In my case, it displays 200 hours all the time. This of course, is inaccurate. The three batteries are not communicating properly with the app.

In case anyone else encounters the same problem, here's how it was resolved. I purchased a Powercell 8 and one Cellink Neo Extended Battery. Setup went smoothly and I had a runtime of 34 hours with Front+Interior cam in parking mode. The rear cam uses more power than the interior cam (infrared not yet activated (set to auto) due to ample light).

Wanting more parking mode capacity, I purchased a second Cellink Neo Extended. That's when things went a bit wonky. I made sure the 3 batteries were connected properly. P8 in/out to in/out of Cellink 1. Cellink 1 in/out Auto to in/out Auto of Cellink 2. Only with this setup could I adjust the ext battery capacity field in the Cellink Plus App. I entered 13,600 into the field and saved. Each Celllink is 6,800, so two of them is 13,600 capacity. Problem was the app kept showing a runtime of 200 Hours in parking mode.

I was told to delete the app and download and reinstall. Problem is the app remembered the 13,600 even with a new app install. The folks at BBMyCar remembered that the Powercell 8 also stores that number into the P8 memory. Once you enter the capacity number in the App, the same number gets stored in the P8. So, I had to reset the external battery capacity on the Cellink Plus app to zero BEFORE deleteing the app and reinstalling the app.

I was instructed to turn off all 3 batteries. Reinstall the app. Turn on the P8 only. Turn on Cellink1 and enter the 6,800 into the capacity on the app. Turn on Cellink 2 and enter 13,600 in the app.

Now everything works. The main cam and interior cam has a parking mode runtime of 52 hours. (Interior cam infrared set to auto but infrared was not activated due to ample ambient light). The main cam and rear cam is 42 hours. As you can see, the rear cam draws more power than the interior cam without infrared activated. Maybe the rear cam has its own processor? All 3 cams working together at the same time will have a runtime of 34 hours. I'm happy with the parking mode runtimes.

Last edited:
Back