My new memory card

we will see how many i get, i put the card in the 9665GC yesterday and have driven about 1.5 houres like that, but i dont go for a drive again before saturday, and i cant wait for that.
So the rest will have to be static testing in my window.

So the Toshiba card have filled up and start to overwrite old files, the oldest file is #85 ( 2016_0622_180914_085 ) and the newest #414 (2016_0623_103613_414 )

I get that to 329 three minute files on the card so @russ331 wasent far off with his estimate on page 1.

Toshiba_128full.jpg

I have tried playback of some random files and they all launch and play well.

So it seem like this Toshiba card is a good deal

Here is a little more test results.

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 31.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 76.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

The read speed freaked me out a little cuz in my own tests with some random video files i saw the 90 MB/s that the packing allso claim, the 30 MB/s write speed is as claimed by Toshiba.

Card is now wiped and on duty in the 9665GC, for a cycle or 2, then i will try it in somthing else.

Just updating with H2testw numbers on the Kingston card in post #1

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 75.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 81.6 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Seem like PNY have changed the layout on ther elite U3 cards, the replacement i got today from Amazon do not look like the old one i sent back.

The card itself sure the same, but the packing is not the same, at least not the writing and artwork on it.

New one.
PNY64Gb2.jpg

Old one.
PNY64Gb.jpg

Running H2testw on the new card as i type, looks fine so far :cool:

... but the packing is not the same, at least not the writing and artwork on it....
Packaging changes every time someone in the marketing department is coming up for a performance review. :D

To be honest the old one look better i think, the new one just look like some random cut and paste from the internet.

I mean come on that camera on the packing look like some Chinese stuff, surely its not a gopro 4 black.

have you tried filling the card and then reading the contents back?

that's over $30 below the cost price of a real 200GB card, have a feeling your actual size might be somewhat less than what is indicated

I have not tried filling the card yet.

Adorama had the card on sale for $60 when I ordered it, Then while it was shipping to me, the price went to $40.
I sent an eMail invoking their Price Guarantee policy and got the other $20 in store credit.

even $60 is well below cost, maybe it was a mistake at the time and you were just lucky, I see the price is back at normal levels now

So as you might know my lexar 300X died for the second time before i got to fill the 64 Gb card up, so i desided to replace the sucker with somthing better.

Somthing certified for dashcam use
Somthing faster 633X
And somthing not Lexar that i am beginning to loose fait in.

trancend633.jpg

I am so ready to test 4K products now, have 4 memory cards thats plenty fast for that stuff :) okay one might be a little on the slow side for a U3 card in write speed, but the other 3 are like 80 MB/s write speed.

Back