My new memory card

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Will be on duty in my SG9665GC, and then 64 Gb thats in there now will be transferred to duty in the mobius that cover my left side.

SD64GbU3.jpg

Hmmmm . 80MB/s Write speed ... Looks expensive !

About 55 AUD in a local B&M store

About 55 AUD in a local B&M store
Over here they cost between 50 and 70€ ($75-$105 AUD). Not as much as a similar Integral SDXC CL10 U3, though: 103€! :eek:

yeah seem like kingston allways have a good deal for Danes, on the other hand the 633X lexxar cards is allmost impossibel to find here, but i can find slower lexxar cards.

Prices are wierd i can find 32Gb cards ( SDXC class 10 U1 ) that cost double of what i payed for this card :eek:

Price for >64Gb micro sd cards here, sorted by price low to high.

http://www.edbpriser.dk/tilbehoer/hukommelseskort.aspx?flash-type=[microSDXC%2CmicroSDXC+UHS-I+Memory+Card]&hukommelse=%28gte+68719476736%29&count=100&sort=TotalPrice&rlm=List

Link go fishy, but it work if you copy paste it into another window, prices is in Danish KR offcourse.

Last edited:
Here Walmart has something similar by Sandisk (95mb/sec) for under $5o USD

I'm not fond of using Sandisk outside regular digital camera. Many devices don't always work with Sandisk brand including my G1W

Yeah there is somthing with sandisk it seem, but funny thing is i never had problems with any sandisk card in any device.
I only have one 32 Gb from them but its been into : my Dslr ( Nikon 5200D ) - a range of dashcams if not all i owned so far - a old creative Mp3 player - the SD slot in my China duble DIN headunit in the car - rollei bullet cam - innovv C1 .
And it still soldier on, at the moment in my innovv C3 dashcam, in the mean time i had to do RMA on 3 x 64 Gb kingston SDXC class 10 / U1 cards - 1 x 32 Gb lexxar SDXC class 10 / U1 and once a 32 Gb kingston SDXC class 10 / U1.

Its a bit sad with all those kingston RMA, BUT ! i use 3 minutes or so filling out a RMA online and get a RMA number, and then a fjew minutes in line and waiting for the guy in the B&M store to get me a new card.
And they all broken down in a dashcam, and since i never crash and only seem to get rear ended every 30 years and i have 5 dashcams in my car i can live with that :)

Yeah there is somthing with sandisk it seem, but funny thing is i never had problems with any sandisk card in any device.
I only have one 32 Gb from them but its been into : my Dslr ( Nikon 5200D ) - a range of dashcams if not all i owned so far - a old creative Mp3 player - the SD slot in my China duble DIN headunit in the car - rollei bullet cam - innovv C1 .
And it still soldier on, at the moment in my innovv C3 dashcam, (...)
I don't know why but I'm starting to get the feeling this ill fame Sandisk cards are getting is a bit like saying that drivers from certain car brands are ALL bad drivers. I bought a 32Gb Sandisk Ultra HC1 U1 (CL 6, I think), back in December 2013, it cost me an arm and a leg, it's been used and abused in various devices, formatted countless times and I've used it in both G1W's a couple of times without a single problem. The only reason I don't use it permanently in dashcams it's because its reading speed is low and it takes forever to transfer the files to the computer. Other than that...

Last edited:
Hello my name is Brian, and i am a memory addict.

This fell off a truck today, or rather it was in my mailbox, but i allready got a refund from Amazon last week as it was supposed to be delivered June 8
problem now is, do i tell Amazon or not ?
Toshiba_128.jpg

microSD-M302-EXCERIA-R90-128GB-bulk-frontL_big_thumb.jpg

The card is MLC, cuz well thats what Toshibe make a lot off, and it pack a 5 year warrenty.

"The Product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for five (5) years
from the date of purchase. Toshiba’s sole liability in the event of such defects is to repair
or replace the Product, at Toshiba’s option, and
Toshiba may replace the Product with a
remanufactured Product. Toshiba does not warrant that the use or operation of this
Product will be error free, nor does it warrant that any data stored on the Product will
remain accessible or uncorrupted. To protect
against accidental data loss, back up your
data frequently on multiple types of storage media."

http://www.toshiba-memory.com/cms/en/products/microsd-cards/exceria/

Amazon has tracking, not sure how often they check "lost" packages but if they try to file claim for lost package and it shows delivered, they may demand you pay back. Better call them to be safe.

I never got any traking on this, and when i chatted with them they could not tell where it was, got a refund within a day or 2.

All the other times i have gotten somthing from amazon.uk i have the parcel 2 days before the estimate they give, so i contacted them on the chat last tuesday when the parcel was 1 week past ther posted delivery date.

All in all it was strange when i looked up numbers on item it said it was sold by mymemory, but it was not it was sold by amazon.uk ( allso that the parcel said on the outside )
And searching for this card on amazon only give a hit at mymemory, and when i pressed item link in comfirmation e-mail i got to mymemory shop and it said you purchased this item on 31 may.
But mymemory would have nothing off it ( numbers i got in mail )
It was just put in my mailbox, usioally i have to sign off when i get stuff from them with tracking on it ( sendt via Royal mail as usioal )

Anyway i will hit them up again, i am not accustomed to have things i haven't paid for. ( at least not lately, some decades ago it was a whole other matter )

Just cheked amazon "tracking"parcel still out for delivery expected june 8 :rolleyes: somthing must have stunned the amazon servers :D

Just cheked amazon "tracking"parcel still out for delivery expected june 8 :rolleyes: somthing must have stunned the amazon servers :D
If there isn't a very easy way to report the issue to them then I would give them 28 days to claim it back and after that treat it as lost and found - ie claim it. It is their problem to sort out, not yours, if they ask for it back and pay postage within a reasonable time then you send it back unopened and unused, or agree to buy it.

A few weeks ago I got a Sandisk 200GB MicroSD card for $40US from Adorama. It is now running in my Android Turbo 2 Smartphone.
Actual size is 184GB because of the 1000MB = 1GB instead of the 1024MB = 1GB.
I have to wait until Street Guardian comes out with their dual camera Dashcam before I can buy new memory for it.

Malodave

A few weeks ago I got a Sandisk 200GB MicroSD card for $40US from Adorama. It is now running in my Android Turbo 2 Smartphone.
Actual size is 184GB because of the 1000MB = 1GB instead of the 1024MB = 1GB.
I have to wait until Street Guardian comes out with their dual camera Dashcam before I can buy new memory for it.

Malodave

have you tried filling the card and then reading the contents back?

that's over $30 below the cost price of a real 200GB card, have a feeling your actual size might be somewhat less than what is indicated

Adorama is a reputable place, I've bought from there before.

Not suggesting that they aren't reputable, the card costs over $70 though, buying it for nearly half that price is generally reason to want to check the card to make sure it's authentic

I have not filled the card, the 9665GC is working on that now, i did do a little R&W test but that was just like 10 Gb of data, and it dont have the same high write speed than say the kingston U3 card that was in the SG camera before.
So the Toshiba only do 30 MB/s write and 90 MB/s read and thats allso what Toshiba claim, and thats okay i dont have to sit waiting for the "slow" write speed the dashcam deal with that, i just want to be able to copy the footage off the card fast and i can do that.

I find it at simmilar low prizes in B&M stores too in the UK and Germany too.

You are right @jokiin the card is damn cheap for a U3 card ( 2016 model )

I will go get the camera in the car soon, cuz 128 Gb will take a while with the ammount i drive, so better do a little testing in the window sill and record the street below.

The card was sold by and fulfilled byy amazon, but thats maybe why i got it for free and no tracking on the parcel.

I will get this filled up a couple of times to verify, in case anyone else want to get in on the cheap deal.

Last edited:
So im recording in my living room window now, will rapport back here with results when the card filled up and been inspected 1 time.

Then i will delete card, run software ( H2testw ) on it to test it that way, and then do another 128 Gb session in my window.

I assume thats what i can do to verify the authenticity of the memory card.

So im recording in my living room window now ...
If the camera is recording, say, 3 minute clips at 15Mbps, then you should have around 380 files before it starts overwriting the oldest files. In which case I wouldn't bother with any formal testing.

Back