My panorama X2

Bluenose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622GW
Hello folks, I am totally new here, well almost. I did my research in the other sections to help me make my decision on which camera to buy and I ended up with the Panorama X2 with which I am extremely pleased.

I have only just discovered this 'specific' section and will now use this to get my questions answered rather than keep bothering that splendid fellow Niko from whom I made my purchase. I have to say at this point that Niko is an absolute diamond chap, so amazingly helpful all of the time.

Some of my questions may seem stupid to some of you but, I would ask you to be patient with me as I am a 75year old grey haired wrinkley and it now takes a while for things to 'sink in' to the old grey matter.

First question then. I have removed both of my memory cards to have a look to see what it has captured and, I notice that there absolutely loads and loads of files and, if I click on any one of them I can watch what has been filmed but, is there a way that I can watch an uninterrupted run of files instead of opening each one individually?

Secondly, I notice that there are three folders, EVENT - NORMAL - PARKING and there are files in each of them. My question is, whilst the NORMAL file seems self explanatory, what determines that some information is put into the EVENT file. During each of my recent trips, I cannot recall anything that could be classed as an EVENT.

Many thanks in advance of any help.

Hello folks, I am totally new here, well almost. I did my research in the other sections to help me make my decision on which camera to buy and I ended up with the Panorama X2 with which I am extremely pleased.

I have only just discovered this 'specific' section and will now use this to get my questions answered rather than keep bothering that splendid fellow Niko from whom I made my purchase. I have to say at this point that Niko is an absolute diamond chap, so amazingly helpful all of the time.

Some of my questions may seem stupid to some of you but, I would ask you to be patient with me as I am a 75year old grey haired wrinkley and it now takes a while for things to 'sink in' to the old grey matter.

First question then. I have removed both of my memory cards to have a look to see what it has captured and, I notice that there absolutely loads and loads of files and, if I click on any one of them I can watch what has been filmed but, is there a way that I can watch an uninterrupted run of files instead of opening each one individually?

Secondly, I notice that there are three folders, EVENT - NORMAL - PARKING and there are files in each of them. My question is, whilst the NORMAL file seems self explanatory, what determines that some information is put into the EVENT file. During each of my recent trips, I cannot recall anything that could be classed as an EVENT.

Many thanks in advance of any help.

No worries at all, I am always here to help you via e-mails or via forum posts. But it is good you ask publicly, - this way maybe some other readers will find some answers to similar questions, so keep asking as much as you need, we ( dashcam forum ) will help you as much as we can.

To view all files in more practical way, please download "Registrator Viewer"

http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html

After you downloaded a RV ( registrator viewer ), now insert one of memory cards into your PC / laptop memory card readers and then double click ( open ) a Registrator Viewer, - it automatically detects MicroSD card along with videos and combine them into recorded sections where you can play them as a one file, or even can "split" into individual files, there are plenty of options.

Files folders NORMAL, EVENT, PARKING.

Normal: videos from normal driving, when car engine is running and dashcamera records videos.
Event: there you will find videos from events that are triggered by G-Sensor. For example you drive too quickly over ramp which will trigger a G-sensor, and this file will be recorded into "event folder". To test n try "event" recording, set G-sensor force to medium or high and then give a "soft flick" on camera, you will hear a "beep" which tells you that there was an "event" and that part of the file will be saved into "event folder". Later go into "preview" and you will find that file there.
Parking: g-sensor and motion detected videos recorded while car is parked.

Hello again Niko, I was doing my best to avoid pestering you all of the time and here you are anyway answering my query!! Thank you.

I will download the viewer from your link, thanks.

It would appear then that it doesn't take much to create an 'event', I might change the setting on that.

In an earlier communication, you mentioned a 'blue protective film' over the rear lens, I have removed it today, the dealer didn't do it! Also, it is not necessary to remove the rear camera in order to clean the lens, or remove protective film, as it revolves 90 degrees and can be made to face the windscreen for ease. Smoething I learned today.

I have noticed that on a very sunny day, I tend to get a very large red blob that appears in the image, which might just point to the need for a polarising filter to be fitted.

Thanks again Niko.

Hello again Niko, I was doing my best to avoid pestering you all of the time and here you are anyway answering my query!! Thank you.

I will download the viewer from your link, thanks.

It would appear then that it doesn't take much to create an 'event', I might change the setting on that.

In an earlier communication, you mentioned a 'blue protective film' over the rear lens, I have removed it today, the dealer didn't do it! Also, it is not necessary to remove the rear camera in order to clean the lens, or remove protective film, as it revolves 90 degrees and can be made to face the windscreen for ease. Smoething I learned today.

I have noticed that on a very sunny day, I tend to get a very large red blob that appears in the image, which might just point to the need for a polarising filter to be fitted.

Thanks again Niko.

No Problem, - ask any time ! ;)

@ I tend to get a very large red blob that appears in the image,

Is it look like pictures below ?

DSC00953.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

- this is normal on a sunny day, especially with direct sun light. Its called "lens flare". It comes from sun entering a lens structure under certain angle and disappears as soon as you drive away from that "magic point" where sun does not reflects from lenses specific point. This flare called "specular flare", which is caused by direct light hitting the front of the lens. This can happen with any lens, but wide-angle lenses are more prone to this than longer focal lengths because of their greater angle-of-view. Most dashcams are with wide angle lens, also as Panorama X2. The easiest way to prevent flare is to make sure that there is no direct light shining on the lens.
CPL filter will not remove it. CPL filter removes only glare from dashboard.

In photography, in order to prevent a specular flare they use lens hood.
ew-73b-lens-hood-a327_1_1_1.jpg

Also in photography they use high quality multicoated filters to reduce or remove lens flare, but unfortunately those lens filters are not available for dashcams, at least at smaller sizes.

Yes. exactly that Niko.

75 :D suddenly i feel young and fit again with my 48 ( untill tomorrow when i try to get out of bed )

As niko said the lens flare we see when filming into the sun is hard to get around, and there is even some post production software thet can add that effect if you feel like it.
I think a lens hood is allso out of the question as our dashcams have such a wide angle, at least i have never notised a photography wide angle lens with a hood on it, or at least not the really wide "fisheye" lenses.

I think it is possible to play all / several files with the player in windows, you just have to "capture" all the files you would like to play, you can "rope" the files with Left click on the mouse ( hold down left button on mouse and then rope all the files you would like to play ), all selected files will get a light blue outline, or you can hold down the ctrl button and select individual files by Left clicking on them, then when you have selected a bunch of files just Right click on one of the selected files and press play.

Welcome. Ooh could this really be another bluenose who owns an X2 ?
KRO

Hiya NZDashcam, are you a true bluenose then? You must be to give the KRO.

Hiya NZDashcam, are you a true bluenose then? You must be to give the KRO.
Oh yeah. Gutted with the 4-3 today but used to be a Tilton season ticket holder when I was in the UK. And my car rego was KR0 2 END so hopefully I qualify.

What a great reg. plate. Are you a Brummie then? I first went to the Blues in 1947, bet you can't beat that.
We got off to a great start under Gary, but seem to be slipping a little at the moment. Are you aware that the company that owns the Blues have gone into administration? Hopefully this might lead to new owners.

Again and again I can see that our World is too small reading conversation @NZDashcam & @Bluenose ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site :)

To be honest even with a CPL fitted that made the lens flaring even worse for me!

What a great reg. plate. Are you a Brummie then? I first went to the Blues in 1947, bet you can't beat that.
We got off to a great start under Gary, but seem to be slipping a little at the moment. Are you aware that the company that owns the Blues have gone into administration? Hopefully this might lead to new owners.
Yes following closely. I hope it's good news to get rid of Carson. Pannos seems to be on our side and I think it's his influence that has led to the events now. Hopefully it's good news and hopefully we don't loose points.

PS I wouldn't bother with a cpl. It won't help in your situation with lens flare. I hoped it would help with reflected flare but really it's only good at minimising reflections. The trade off is slower shutter and blurr.

A CPL is used to either 1) increase reflection (such as getting nice images of a waxed car) or 2) decrease reflection (such as seeing fishes through water/lake). As such it is not useful to cut lens flare.

A CPL can also be used to increase contrast on a very bright day - particularly in the film photography era where photoshop does not exist - but the drawback is decrease of shadow details.

Therefore in theory - there is no way to cut lens flare apart from shading it (with a lens hood) or turning away from the sun. Much like when you are in a beach and using your hands to cup your eyes to block sunlight in order to look ahead.

But if one is really need keen to reduce sunlight / get a more balanced image brightness - the solution is a graduated neutral density (GND) filter. It works like a ray ban with gradient shade - blocks more light on the top and gradually block less light at the bottom. However I don't think the dash cam market has such a filter YET ( I think)

from a working photographer :)

Photoshop ???? what is this

I would rather have poor pictures than use photoshop, and not least the time finding out how to use that software, and i am sure its pretty expensive too.

the solution is a graduated neutral density (GND) filter.
I've tried an ND filter, it reduces the shutter speed too much and means blurred movement on the still so you can't read any detail such as plates.

finding out how to use that software, and i am sure its pretty expensive too
so use a free alternative.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back