N4 Pro's Rear Camera - The Details

Mine was the other way round - focus was too close (so the plastic trim round the rear windows was in focus) and further away objects were not in focus.
Luck of the drawer, poor quality control! Haha

Bit hard to tell but replacement seems to look ok to me. Sent emails a week ago to support@vantrue.net and no one replied either. Jeepers :/
Yep, but still the over smoothed and excessive sharpening. If the sharpening wasn't as high, the first one would look a fair bit more soft instead of low resolution.

Last edited:
Yep, but still the over smoothed and excessive sharpening. If the sharpening was as high, the first one would look a fair bit more soft instead of low resolution.
Looks to be like lots of compression artifacts too. I think we're coming to the conclusion that the replacement camera itself is ok now, and the remaining problems are to do with the limitations of 1080P and how the software processes the video.

I did notice that the original camera managed to make the very close plastic surround at the bottom of the rear window quite sharp (you can see a little of its 'grain'), whereas the replacement shows it smoother/more blurry suggesting the focus is now optimised for further distances, as it should be.

Last edited:
Looks to be like lots of compression artifacts too. I think we're coming to the conclusion that the replacement camera itself is ok now, and the remaining problems are to do with the limitations of 1080P and how the software processes the video.

I did notice that the original camera managed to make the very close plastic surround at the bottom of the rear window quite sharp (you can see a little of its 'grain'), whereas the replacement shows it smoother/more blurry suggesting the focus is now optimised for further distances, as it should be.
Good that at least the focus issue seems to be fixed. Vantrue and Jeff continue to ghost me :(

Back