nanoQ 0903

Hello Rayman Chan
You are indeed a well known member.
Tell me please!
Will this latest of your offerings. the 0903 mini, actually be fully functional & have all of the features as advertised?
Or are we to expect another 0806 style scandal?

Hope you have been well

Best regards
Edward

Thanks Edward, we understand your concern.

we know the camera have the potentiality for the advertised functions, but need more patience to achieve/improve them.
for now, on nanoQ, we have some problem on the LDWS function, but Parking Guard works in our test. (with a customized hardwire kit)
hope the Beta testers can feed more bugs for us.

Regards,
Rayman

Sorry, I don't have the workings of the exposure calculator, but I'm sure Jokiin would have corrected me if I was wrong!

I have no idea how nanoQ will work if comparing the cameras from other brand, we can only compare with ourself products.

we meet our lens vendor this Wed and sign the quality agreement. we have the highest inspection standard in their customer list.

No wonder why "same specs" lens prices can vary 10-20 time.

good point.
nanoQ 7G F1.7 lens price is 1.37 times of 0806 6G F2.0 lens; 0806 lens price is 1.27 times of the common 6G lens on market.

Noticing that Mr Chan has this new product under his wing has of course been the catalyst.
Are you he by any chance?

two other totally different cameras under ID/MD design, one camera under consultation.
mini series continuing also............

Thanks Edward, we understand your concern.

we know the camera have the potentiality for the advertised functions, but need more patience to achieve/improve them.
for now, on nanoQ, we have some problem on the LDWS function, but Parking Guard works in our test. (with a customized hardwire kit)
hope the Beta testers can feed more bugs for us.

Regards,
Rayman
Thank you Mr. Chan
I, (and other members?) look forward to what seems to be commitment by you (and of course MegTech) to engage in thorough product development, beta testing, and pre-production evaluation of the 0903 before it is released into the marketplace.
Once the 0903 is released the establishment of fully pro-active, effective, & transparent customer support network would be an excellent extension of that commitment
Best
Edward

Last edited:
Well before this gets too awkward..

The input is 5v 1a I imagine?

The input is 5v 1a I imagine?

in my test, the power consume is:
camera standby 5V 0.2A; camera recording 0.26A;
the current is 0.1A higher when WiFi on;
the current is 0.07A higher when GPS on;
the current is 0.03A lower when screen on;
the current will be 0.2A higher when charging begin.
so the MAX current can be 0.63A when start recording & start charging & WiFi ON & GPS on & screen ON; the normal working current is around 0.3A.

the attached charger is 2A capacity (datasheet 2.8A) with a separate USB socket for Android/iOS.

I am otherwise engaged at the moment @Rayman.Chan ,otherwise i would have loved to help beat on another of your products like i did with the 0806 back then.

It's a very interesting dashcam. Capacitor in such a small package is a big win, I've been avoiding the mini series for that exact reason, here the temps can dip to the 10s (-12C) in the winter and then into the 90s (Around 33C+) in the summer.

What features does the wifi have? File transfering, live streaming?

yes file transfering, live streaming, remote control

1080 is a little marginal without a really sharp lens ( or focused correctly )
I find 2304 x 1296 to be the minimum resolution I want in a forward facing cam , and even then I would like to see 45FPS rather than 30FPS
Looks like an interesting cam , and look forward to seeing how it fares in the big bad world !

1080 is a little marginal without a really sharp lens ( or focused correctly )
I find 2304 x 1296 to be the minimum resolution I want in a forward facing cam , and even then I would like to see 45FPS rather than 30FPS
Looks like an interesting cam , and look forward to seeing how it fares in the big bad world !
Also depends on the FOV, a 1080 camera can easily have more readable number plates than a 4K camera if it has less FOV and a lens of the same cost. So it may be a compromise between wide FOV letting you see more view or a more sensitive/less noisy but lower resolution sensor letting you see more at night.

It's a very interesting dashcam. Capacitor in such a small package is a big win, I've been avoiding the mini series for that exact reason, here the temps can dip to the 10s (-12C) in the winter and then into the 90s (Around 33C+) in the summer.

From where I come from, our temps go from -40c to +40c. Haven't really had any problems with battery-based dashcams crapping out. A capacitor does give me peace of mind though.

Back