NavGear MDV-2850, 4k dashcam

New York

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi,
does anyone know how can i obtain more info for my dashcam 4k NavGear MDV-2850 (NX-4282-675) ? I mean chipset, sensor. Is there any computer application that can extract these informations?
Thanks. :)

Last edited:
your link is broken but looking at the NavGear website their products are mostly low end public models, one they list as being 4k regularly sells for around $15, would be an odd choice to upgrade to a better solution, stranger things have happened though, perhaps the best option is to ask them and see what they say

Camera shooting at 4k - 3840x2160/30fps, ~15mb/s; 2.7k - 2716x1524/30fps, ~30mb/s; 1920x1080......
You mean that is a regulary 1080p or 720p camera and they sells a technical trick to shoot 4k?

no idea what it is, your link was broken and there's nothing on their site which exactly matches the model number you provided

I think work only if you have german IP, hmm...

Looked on the navgear website which I can access but nothing there matches the model number you provided

For 80 Euros there are many better options. Avoid!!

I bought this camera because shooting 4k but video quality is low, is like 10 fps/s not 30 fps/s. On 2.7k video is ok but a little bit blurry as the dashcam focus dirt on the windscreen. 1080p is garbage. :( I will try these days to upload some vids.
I will send it back.
Next one is DAB201 :p. Can´t find anywhere DAB201S (1440p@60fps) :mad:

I've seen Dash cams using this identical housing design being sold for as low as $12-15 on Aliexpress. Even those guys aren't shameless enough to market it as a 4K camera.

Back