Near miss with truck undertaking in closed lane Chicago metro area, I-355

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
This is an aggressive MORON, in a hurry. I had cars to my left, I guess he was too important to run a speed closer to the posted speed limit, and pass the legal way?

Vynera Transport, which appears to be one of the chicago area companies, owned by FSU immigrants.

Mobius Maxi is the camera

Speed limit for trucks is 55 or 60. I'm doing 60, give or take a MPH.

If that was in UK then I would suggest you report it, far too dangerous, especially with a large vehicle. Are you doing anything about it?

Looks like a FSU driver :rolleyes:
Cant have been more than a inch or two in between you guys.

Have a relaxing moment with my favorite trucker tune.

If that was in UK then I would suggest you report it, far too dangerous, especially with a large vehicle. Are you doing anything about it?

It's really not time productive to try to report the driver to smaller companies like this, and more specifically, a smaller company of this type, from this area.
(almost kind of a joke, 'russian owned small trucking company from Chicago'......actually many of them. Not too long ago there was a big stink about the state offices selling drivers licenses to drivers for this type of company who couldn't speak or read the minimal amount of english required.

Right now there is something of a driver/truck shortage in the US, so it's kind of easy to operate half-assed and make money, maybe temporarily.
Some of these crappy companies will change names and registration numbers overnight.

The most effective way to bring this to attention to people who may give a damn is to post it, with the company name, dot and mc numbers, truck numbers, etc.
More established companies, or companies that somewhat give a damn find the video pretty quickly. If the company has some lawsuits for accidents floating around, (Pretty common) those lawyers find the video, also. :)

Oh, yeah. 'Golden Earring'. I vaguely remember one of the band members being a friend or relative of somebody in my small town when I was a kid. (dutch immigrants) When they had a concert in the larger city nearby whoever it was showed up for a visit and ended up in the local newspaper. These were older people, so not fans. :)

It's really not time productive to try to report the driver to smaller companies like this, and more specifically, a smaller company of this type, from this area...
I think here the police would treat that video very seriously, and given that it was genuinely dangerous rather than inconsiderate I would send the video to the police rather than the company. HGV drivers are expected to maintain a higher driving standard than BMW drivers!

The Chicago metro area is kind of a zoo for bad drivers. Most of the speed limits on the highways are 55-60 mph, not really enforced. Trucks are restricted to the two right lanes, only enforced briefly after a large truck like this one plows into the back of a row of slower vehicles, usually killing somebody. The cops don't need to look hard for bad drivers like this guy, they just need to be out there, with eyes open. :) (and they could easily go an entire shift writing them up, one after another...which they need to to do!!!!!)
US trucking companies have a 'safety score' of sorts. If it gets too low, you are supposed to be subject to more police scrutiny on the roads, and eventual suspension of operating licenses. You really have to be screwing up to be worried about it, and,, sadly, the worst offenders know how to re-incarnate themselves overnight.

We also have driver shortage here, for sure if all the foreign guys operating illegal here stopped doing that we would be so screwed.
It is also the same for many other trades like carpenters / masons / painters / machine workers or industrial technicians as it is called now ASO, and it is self inflicted as for the better part of the 80 and 90ties kids was hammered with you better get a higher education and push some papers.
Really stupid that the people we vote for that are supposed to keep Denmark running, well they cant even keep the basics up and running, we also have a severe shortage of all kind of doctors - nurses - people servicing the elderly and handicapped - police men.
Some parts of little Denmark, well you have to drive in your car for 30 - 45 minutes to visit your regular doctor, cuz no doctors want to work out there in rural Denmark, not even with the municipalities out there trying to lure doctors in with higher wages or free housing ASO :cry::mad:

Where i used to do powder coating around 2000 and where 2 - 3 guys was from a foreign country, well now i cant even find a single person there to talk to as i can not speak Polish.

The Chicago metro area is kind of a zoo for bad drivers. Most of the speed limits on the highways are 55-60 mph, not really enforced.
In Euroland all HGVs are fitted with speed limiters set at 56mph so speeding on highways (60mph limit in UK) is not possible, except downhill on some vehicles. No need for the police to do anything!

Where i used to do powder coating around 2000 and where 2 - 3 guys was from a foreign country, well now i cant even find a single person there to talk to as i can not speak Polish.
Have you been getting all the Poles that have been leaving us due to Brexit?
Maybe not, all ours seemed to be able to speak English when they wanted to so you could have talked to them.

I think there are a never ending supply, and its not just Poles, the Lithuanian that killed a mother and her one kid in a car accident doing 150 at least on a highway not long ago. never had a license in the first place.
EU even have a warning system for the hospital sector to warn against bad doctors, but it don't seem to be working as we internally had several more alarms than EU have given off, and deaths and bodged surgeries made by left hand doctors from god know where.

German seem to go over better as i recall when i some times helped in the shipping DPT of my last job.

Im afraid if i go to the hospital some guy wearing feathers will pop up and start to dance around while mumbling mumbo jumbo and flailing his arms.
My dentist i got after leaving school, she was Polish too, and this was way back in the 80ties, but at least she spoke the language.
On Greenland i was on the hospital to get a shot of painkillers in my spine, the doctor there was from Russia or something, so we spoke English and my shot in the back was fine.
Kind of a WTF moment as i never met Greenlanders that good at speaking English.

We are now at a place in time with our societies where we are actively making those societies worse,,,,,, i am hoping the the British Brexit will be a step in the right direction for them.
Though i doubt the EU are to blame for most of our problems.
But i would so like in 10 years time that Brexit have been a monumental success for the UK, so much so we Danes will be kicking our-self for not joining you now.

They have been claiming 'trucker shortage' for years in the US, but recently the wages have come up a little. (Now that I'm going to retire soon) :(
The doctor problem is the same, and you also have hospitals closing in rural areas. I think we have more Indian doctors in small farm towns than they have in India.
:)

Most 'big fleet' trucks are speed limited in the US, usually somewhere between 62-65. That's creeping up again as diesel prices stay a bit low.
There is a threat to limit all trucks to 65 mph. That will be a major fight which can be avoided by just making a national speed limit for large vehicles, (Including anyone towing a trailer) of 65 MPH, ( or less, depending on the state. CAL already limits trucks and tow vehicles to 55 MPH, statewide)

Here is one of the few that doesn't seem to have a working governor. This Star Transport driver is in a big hurry.

That's a smaller, local company, that probably won't give a damn.
He's probably governed at 70 MPH. Most truckers will run the truck at the governed speed, leaving no room to accelerate a few mph to pass.
You can even see them on social media complaining that the other truckers need to slow down so they can pass them, since they can't go any faster.

:rolleyes:

For a while they had a really bad safety record, not sure what it is now. At least we get few complaints from their drivers when s&r tells them they need to back up to our loading dock.
The previous company I drove for had me in a lease that topped out at 52mph. I would have been fine with the trips, but the radio and A/C were broke. That made for some long days going from Orlando to Jacksonville and back. The trucks we owned would make it to 65.

I have seen a truck towing a trailer ( empty i recon ) it was over 110 km/h, but i dident notice if it was a danish truck or what, this was at night on the motorway.
Danish and i recon EU trucks have to be speed capped, but bypassing this have long been a trade sport, that and making the trucks even louder, and those big diesels with a illegal MOD exhaust can get really loud then.

The only ones without a limiter on our roads look like:

MeyBCqG0.jpg

Apparently ideal for videoing people using mobile phones without being noticed, one of them catches around 2000 drivers a year.

I think cops here on extremely rare occasions use a rented auto camper to get a higher up vantage point, and they have seen truckers do just as much idiotic stuff as the drivers of regular cars,,,,,, which are a bit scary factoring in what vehicles they drive.
Danish police don't have half of the manpower or equipment they would have if i was in charge, as it is now they aren't even doing damage control, they are forced to actively prioritize in what kind of crime they will turn their back to,,,,, which in my book are a huge embarrassment, and one root of my intense dislike towards politicians here, cuz really they are the ones to blame after one self as a voter.

I just try to make space for the big guys (and gals) and let them go on their merry way :) This is when I'll drive a little over the limit to complete my pass or slow down and get over for them (done before they get that close). I'm not in a hurry but I know they are, and my getting out of their way means they'll need to do a little less hurrying on the road ahead which is better for everyone ;)

Phil

Since you didn't read about how the driver followed me to the middle lane, so he was already that close. You would have also seen that I said the Chevy decided to pick up speed at the same time. And a quick observation shows the traffic in the center lane is not moving any faster than I am either. I try to make plenty of room for all traffic, not just the trucks. But if traffic doesn't allow it, I am not going to inconvenience myself for some inconsiderate driver. I am definitely not going to brake check him to get back behind the Chevy that can't maintain his speed. I'll just stick to the flow of traffic instead of doing those things that can cause problems in the long run, like speeding up or slowing down for no reason. An inconsiderate driver will not be in any less of a hurry if you let him pass, he will be doing the same thing to next driver and the driver after that, just like in this video. The only thing that will slow his hurry down is getting pulled over. All he is doing is bullying his way through traffic.

Tennessee, and now Florida have a few trucks they use in traffic to catch mostly texters.
The FHP truck has been popping up on the internet as 'active' lately, but can't find the video which is supposed be on facebook.

53700319_10210698763864256_2156434961140285440_n.jpg

Back