Need a new cam

vongrimmenstein

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 8 year old DOD 460 model. It went south on me. I want a front camera only. With the ability to view on my phone what has been recorded without hooking up a cable.
I don't need bells & whistles. The looking @ the recording on the phone is important. Is the Samsung 128GB micro sd card (red disk) a fair choice? I have a Android phone. I alson need a heat tolerant camera. Thanks for you help. von.

The Blueskysea B4k is an excellent budget ($100 bucks on Amazon) 4K dash cam. Capacitor, buffered parking mode and audio error alerts are nice features as well.

I just ordered a Rove R2-4K Dash Cam from Amazon. Any comments on this camera is appreciated. Thanks. von.
I've been using an R2-4k for several years, since it was first released. It's served me well and still works. As noted, it's really a 2k sensor, but the image quality is solid. I understand the sensor has been upgraded in the current model compared to my original version. I like the R2-4k's screen-saver, which displays the gps speed and compass heading in large numbers (it can be disabled, but I use it as a speedo). One thing I've struggled with is the suction cup mount. While it's convenient for moving between vehicles and taking down for storing out of sight, it will also occasionally fall off, particularly in the heat, and then it finally broke (possibly due to degradation from the heat, not surprising after several years, so I purchased a replacement). The other thing about the mount, the image picks up a vibration when used in my Jeep Wrangler, but that's not an issue with our Grand Cherokee. Finally, there's no CPL filter option to reduce windshield glare. I was able to adapt a CPL from my Phantom drone, so not a big deal.

Yesterday I ordered the BlueSkySea B4k, pretty amazing price on Amazon for the main camera with rear camera bundle - $96 after $30 coupon. Figured I would give it a try for $100.

I can recommend Garmin Mini 2. Small size, parking mode included.

Recommend YEECORE D22 real 4K dual dash cam on amazon, with Wi-fi, GPS, parking mode,3" LCD Night Vision, WDR, Support 512GB SD card Max.
The main thing is that the manufacturer, with any product problems, has a professional technical and R & D department to help you solve them, and can also customize the product according to your needs.

As you've seen above, we all have different opinions of what's good.

Just to add to the list/confusion my 2p is a Viofo A119V3

Recommend YEECORE D22 real 4K dual dash cam on amazon, with Wi-fi, GPS, parking mode,3" LCD Night Vision, WDR, Support 512GB SD card Max.
The main thing is that the manufacturer, with any product problems, has a professional technical and R & D department to help you solve them, and can also customize the product according to your needs.

Amazon reports it is unavailable.
Is there a production issue?

1649002699360.png

I've been using an R2-4k for several years, since it was first released. It's served me well and still works. As noted, it's really a 2k sensor, but the image quality is solid. I understand the sensor has been upgraded in the current model compared to my original version. I like the R2-4k's screen-saver, which displays the gps speed and compass heading in large numbers (it can be disabled, but I use it as a speedo). One thing I've struggled with is the suction cup mount. While it's convenient for moving between vehicles and taking down for storing out of sight, it will also occasionally fall off, particularly in the heat, and then it finally broke (possibly due to degradation from the heat, not surprising after several years, so I purchased a replacement). The other thing about the mount, the image picks up a vibration when used in my Jeep Wrangler, but that's not an issue with our Grand Cherokee. Finally, there's no CPL filter option to reduce windshield glare. I was able to adapt a CPL from my Phantom drone, so not a big deal.

Yesterday I ordered the BlueSkySea B4k, pretty amazing price on Amazon for the main camera with rear camera bundle - $96 after $30 coupon. Figured I would give it a try for $100.

Update on the BlueSkySea B4k: Not impressed! Poor image quality, only the far right edge of the image is sorta sharp, the rest of the image is not sharp, possibly a manufacturing problem with the lens. I also find the general image color quality and dynamic range to be very average (the 4 year old R2-4k is the same or better), but maybe that's to be expected for a $100 camera. After a few days of use, I'm also seeing issues with card errors. I'm using a new PNY 64GB U3 card which was formatted in the camera, but it's started throwing errors and stopped writing files. I didn't connect the rear camera, so I can't comment on that. My search continues...

possibly a manufacturing problem with the lens.
Can you upload its raw footage to google drive, and show me the download link? I will have a check! Thanks!
I'm using a new PNY 64GB U3 card which was formatted in the camera, but it's started throwing errors and stopped writing files.
Suggest SanDisk Ultra A1 card and Samsung EVO plus card!

Amazon reports it is unavailable.
Is there a production issue?

View attachment 60240
This link to the dashcam and the hardwire kit bundle together, because the hardwire kit out of stock now, so show currently unavailable.
you can seach yeecore dash cam or yeecore D22.

This link to the dashcam and the hardwire kit bundle together, because the hardwire kit out of stock now, so show currently unavailable.
you can seach yeecore dash cam or yeecore D22.
I don't see any results in a search.

Attachments

• 738A8CEF-CD39-4D3E-BE37-8113CC6D88E2.jpeg
    738A8CEF-CD39-4D3E-BE37-8113CC6D88E2.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 6
Is Amazon Australia different than Amazon US? If it requires a separate store and listing that might be the issue here. I do believe that Amazon UK works like that.

Phil

Is Amazon Australia different than Amazon US? If it requires a separate store and listing that might be the issue here. I do believe that Amazon UK works like that.

Phil

The US will be different to Aus but doing a Google search still returns links that show it's unavailable.
It's no big deal I was just curious of price etc in Au$
Perhaps there not available in Australia.

I read your overview on the D21 that helped my curiosity.
Cheers.

Update on the BlueSkySea B4k: Not impressed! Poor image quality, only the far right edge of the image is sorta sharp, the rest of the image is not sharp, possibly a manufacturing problem with the lens. I also find the general image color quality and dynamic range to be very average (the 4 year old R2-4k is the same or better), but maybe that's to be expected for a $100 camera. After a few days of use, I'm also seeing issues with card errors. I'm using a new PNY 64GB U3 card which was formatted in the camera, but it's started throwing errors and stopped writing files. I didn't connect the rear camera, so I can't comment on that. My search continues...

I was hopeful for the B4K too and just purchased it a couple weeks ago. I've gotten multiple card errors and the video stops recording while I'm driving so that's pretty bad. Only formatting again makes it work again. I'm using a Samsung Pro Plus micro SD. Returning it tomorrow.

Back