Need a new cam

Varies on card compatibility with the dashcam chipset! B4K dashcam uses this Novatek chipset, and from our experiences, it works well with the SanDisk Ultra A1 card and Samsung EVO plus card!
Anyway, we will ask our tech support man to have a look at its pro plus cards!

Memory card compatibility are most often down to the controller on the memory card and not so much the actual speed of the cards.

I have had 30 MB/s memory cards not work in a camera ( a camera that writes like 5 MB/s ) but a 45 MB/s card worked, but judging on write speed both cards should have worked just fine, but that was just not the case.
I have also a single time had a memory card that did not work in a camera, but worked fine in others, but the kicker was another memory card 100 % the same,,,,, well it worked fine in that one camera the other card did not work in.

But that was a freak,,,,,, something.
Just like i have been able to make the wifi in a dashcam not work, or rather it is working just fine broadcasting,,,,, but no way in hell can i connect to it with any devise or any firmware / bootloader.
But again i am the only one that have been able to pull that off, and otherwise the camera function 100 %

And i swear i have not done anything freaky to that camera as i do not have the skill for doing such things, and the wifi also worked just fine for the first many weeks.

Can you upload its raw footage to google drive, and show me the download link? I will have a check! Thanks!

Suggest SanDisk Ultra A1 card and Samsung EVO plus card!
Here's a link to a few full-res 2160p frame grabs from the B4K. Each image shows decent sharpness on the far right side, but blurred details in the middle and left side; and each image was captured at a point where the vehicle speed was low and moving in a straight direction. Camera settings are factory default.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gUvLTt09Nl4S2tYsHgw5_LC6uW7iHTin?usp=sharing

Varies on card compatibility with the dashcam chipset! B4K dashcam uses this Novatek chipset, and from our experiences, it works well with the SanDisk Ultra A1 card and Samsung EVO plus card!
Anyway, we will ask our tech support man to have a look at its pro plus cards!

That is interesting, I never considered something like that. I thought as long as read/write speeds were okay, it would be okay but I guess that is not the case.

All the apps are torture

Each image shows decent sharpness on the far right side, but blurred details in the middle and left side
Yes, it is blurred from your photos! Possible that you send me the camera unit back to me directly for inspection? Of course, we will pay you the shipping fee to China! Can you help?

Yes, it is blurred from your photos! Possible that you send me the camera unit back to me directly for inspection? Of course, we will pay you the shipping fee to China! Can you help?
Thank you for your offer to help and for monitoring this thread, but I have already returned the camera to amazon.

but I have already returned the camera to amazon.
That is okay! If we can re-act this problem on our side, it should be fast to figure out why it happened and then solve it!

As i recall most times these side focus things are most often on the mount and the PCB, i cant recall a lens element failure resulting in a partial out of focus situation.

Thanks for your clue! And a returned camera will be useful for further inspection. Will ask our local LA office to collect faulty cameras and send them to China!

Back