Need another camera mobius c2 or a119 or a118?

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front A119 , Rear A119S v1
My requirements are capacitor due to heat in my area. I currently bought an A119, but wanted another camera for the rear window of my truck.

Was thinking about the Mobius C2 which I beleive is the capacitor version, also if I can find a genuine A118 then it would fit my needs for rear cam. But I am leaning towards the mobius due to its size for the back window on my truck, then again mounting is a different story from what I have heard LOL, whereas the A118 or 119 will simply attach like the front window one.

If anyone else can recommend something else, Im all ears. Plus I am assuming all the vendors on here sell genuine items?

If anyone else can recommend something else, Im all ears.
Mobius is a good choice. Also consider DDPai Mini 2, JooVuu X, Thinkware F50 & SGZC12RC (or MG600 if the budget won't stretch to the SGZC12RC).

Mobius C2 refers to the lens type, not capacitor. You'd have to buy the capacitor separately. I'm in Florida and have a Mobius B lens and A lens with capacitor and have had no problems. I also have a the DDPai Mini 2 but don't recommend it if you also want parking mode, as the heat makes it very unstable. If you don't want parking mode, Mini 2 is fine.

Mobius is a good choice. Also consider DDPai Mini 2, JooVuu X, Thinkware F50 & SGZC12RC (or MG600 if the budget won't stretch to the SGZC12RC).
If budget stretched I'd have had two guardian angels ;-)

Confused about which model I need. I found another thread about some asking the same question about various Möbius models. But still couldn't figure out which is the capacitor version.

I just know avoid the c1 model thus far.

Sent from my SM-G928T

You can also buy the Mobius super-capacitor module separately at low cost and swap it in after removing the battery.
Both the battery and the super-capacitor plug in and it takes about a minute or so to easily do the job.
Basically, you can have both capabilities, if you should want them at any point.

super-cap.jpg

If you like A119, ok to buy another A119. If you need better night video quality, A119S is a good choice.
For A118C, we are working on new A118C now, plan to release next week.

@viofo what is new about the new A118C please? And why update it now the A119C is out, or have you found a way to improve the 118 while keeping the price the same?

@viofo what is new about the new A118C please? And why update it now the A119C is out, or have you found a way to improve the 118 while keeping the price the same?

improved lens is the main difference and has always been the weakness in the older model

Of course, compared to the old version, the cost is higher, but we'd like to keep almost same retail price.

Of course, compared to the old version, the cost is higher, but we'd like to keep almost same retail price.

I think people have already found out the copy version is not so good so pay a little more for better version is easy to accept

Interesting @viofo i thought the A119C was the newer A118C. So what is the difference between the A119C versus the new, not yet released A118C (version 2?)?

Back