Need confirmation on these features

DaKi

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,

I want to get the F77 and there are a few things i would like to clear first:

1. Does this camera works only with Lexar 633x (xc1, clas 3)?
Are there other (maybe class 10) cards?

2. Can i use the G Sensor as a trigger in parking mode?

3. I saw the power cutoff feature but what is it good? if the parking mode is not used, then the camera will turn off as i turn off the switch. If the parking mode is used, i would use a power monitor (like this one Blackvue Power Magic Pro). Is this feature only needed when hard wiring the camera directly (without the power monitor)?

Thanks a lot,
Daniel.

you don't need a power magic, that function (but better) is built into the camera already

Thanks jokiin,

So, I just need to hard wire the camera to the cars fuses?

I have recently bought the F770, the LEXAR SD card will NOT work in this cam, I have tried along with 4 other brands none of which worked, one did slightly once but killed card, I bought the genuine thinkware 64GB card and have no issue at all just been perfect all round, you can get 16/32/64GB thinkware cards, one will come with the cam, as you want to use parking mode it will need to be hardwired, mine is the same and came with 32GB card, in parking mode you can have motion detection or time lapse where it takes 1 picture per second so can be left way longer before filling card, this is what I use, yes just hardwire cam to car, one permanent live, one ground, one accessory live only live with ignition on.
A fantastic cam by the way that's my opinion and why I bought it,

I found an SD on Amazon at this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00YPNVYBW
But, it is very expensive (about 55$).
Is there a cheaper choice? Also, what about a 128G card?
If I will follow the recommendation to have a spare card, it becomes insanely expensive

I wanted a larger than 64GB card until my mate said WHY, then I couldn't really say, the 64GB card holds over 4 hours of video from two cams, over 8 hours from just one, and that's continuous filming, even more in time lapse parking mode, just do what I did buy the 64GB card use that and keep the 32GB that it comes with as back up in case you want it, but by pressing REC which is manual record it stores the previous 10 seconds and the next 50 seconds in a separate folder that CANNOT BE OVERWRITTEN so continue to drive for weeks after and it's still there, there is nothing wrong with the 32GB card no advantage unless you want to repeatedly see your 4 hour plus journeys in full detail, but who's got the time or wants to ?, I have better things to do I'm sure you have too, I wish I had not bought the 64GB card now as no point, there is NO NEED FOR A SPARE CARD I have never used mine, anything on the card can be seen via phone/wifi anyway VERY SIMPLY

Thanks a lot,
I'm convinced and will order the F770 today.

Daniel.

Back