Need help with a switch to toggle BlackVue DR900X-1Ch Plus parking mode

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
Perhaps I am over thinking this but: I am not trusting the built in low voltage cutoff to save my battery from going flat. So, am looking for a switch to toggle the parking feature as well as totally shut the camera off. My ideal switch;
A) Turn everything off and have an indicator light to indicate it is off. Only on while there is ACC power
B) Normal mode. Camera is working while there is power from the ACC Parking is turned on in firmware but there is no power from the battery so camera shuts off when the ACC is off.
C) Parking mode camera is supplied from both ACC and Batt Parking is turned on in firmware so camera will switch to parking when ACC shuts off. Indicator light powered from Batt to show that circuit is live.
I have drawn a quick schematic of what I "think" I want.

Suggestions on how I might achieve this most welcome.
SPDT DPDT ???? I think it will require wiring in a relay to get the ACC indicator light to turn on when the switch is open but electronics are not my specialty so am hoping easy.. off the shelf options.
DashCam Switch.png

Following. I don't have a dashcam yet, but DR750X-3CH Plus is most likely what I'll end up with, unless a 3-Channel DR900X comes out very soon. I also plan on buying the Powercell 8 battery backup for parking mode, as well as the Tamper Proof case for the Blackvue. I'm looking for a switch that I can manually kill power to the camera when I'm parked at home in my garage. I don't drive much, so having the camera run in parking mode for 99% of the day, most days, is going render the Powercell 8 useless for when I actually need it.

**EDIT**
I did see this thread the other day regarding a couple switch options, but I'm not electrician and have no idea if either listed on this post is what I would need:

Last edited:
Back