Need M6+ configuration file (if it exists?) please

bagjason

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Had a M6+ in a drawer now for a couple of years (it was a freebie) and now coming to install it in my car. I don't want to install the app on my phone (it's got low reviews) but I've noticed that it doesn't seem to write a default configuration file out to the SD card.

If (like other cameras) it writes out a config file, please can someone attach a copy and also let me know where about's to place it on the SD card please?

(Security concern: If you upload a copy and it includes wireless settings, make sure to hide your wireless details by replacing them with HIDDEN or something)

A config file on memory cards are quite unusual.
many dashcam APPs have low reviews, often related to the rather slow wifi speeds they have for file transfer, but yeah some times the APPs are also not that well made ( i assume as i am a avid phone and APP hater )
The ( other brand ) cameras i have handled over time, had OK APPs in my perspective, but as i said i am not a avid user of any APP, but they have worked just fine for doing settings ASO; which are nice now as my eyes get old at break neck speed.

Just updating this. I tried the DDPai app from the Google Play Store and it won't connect.

I can connect to the M6+ fine with WiFi but the wireless network name is something like vYou_DDPai_M6_plus and I think the App is looking for something that starts with DDPai.

Sorry i forgot to mention the no connect issue, are not uncommon in older systems, usually putting the phone in airplane mode will fix it.
Which are doable for the occasional change of things, but unsustainable for the average phone user that of course want his mobile data on all the time.

Have you tried looking at the brand home page, some times they have a few different APPs, depending on what model you have, this was also the case with the vantrue camera i am testing ATM,,,,, well at least for the PC player it was.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B M6 plus ( M4 plus ) 2
Back