need some info and spec

ZORG

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi
I have some questions for you, more expert than me, on this device.

I have an android 4.4 device (minix neo x8-h), I installed the android app for the YI, but when I connect to the camera the app crash. So I tryed another generic app, but have the same problem.
The software find the camera but crash on "receiving info".
I updated firmware to the v1.0.12 for my Revision 23S.
I updated the app to version 1.5
but nothing changed.. still cannot connect to the camera.
Any tip or suggestion?

Is there a list of trusted devices (smartphones and tablets) for the YI app?
Which Android version do you use? 4.1 - 4.2 - 4.4

Do you have the pinout of the usb? I want to connect the YI to an external battery, and use the AVout.

Thank you

Last edited:
can't say I've heard of anyone successfully connecting the camera to a TV box, probably not something the devs consider when compiling the firmware either

try the pc app;) and for usb av out use same cable as for sj4000 cameras. u need to enable av out in the config first.

can't say I've heard of anyone successfully connecting the camera to a TV box, probably not something the devs consider when compiling the firmware either

Me neither and good call because if it were able to be connected to a TV then I'd remove the battery and plug straight into a power socket...... Just as I do with my laptop at home.

Thanks to all :)

I have linux and win7 64, but no wifi connection on pc, so I cannot use that useful application.

for usb av out use same cable as for sj4000 cameras. u need to enable av out in the config first.
I ordered that cable, but I want to be sure that the pins for the external battery are correct for the YI camera.
Otherwise I fry it. o_O

Last edited:
A WI-FI dongle maybe..... Dunno really.

Thanks to all :)

I have linux and win7 64, but no wifi connection on pc, so I cannot use that useful application.

I ordered that cable, but I want to be sure that the pins for the external battery are correct for the YI camera.
Otherwise I fry it. o_O

i didnt try the power pins :p just the AV out feature

its not like xiaoyi is gonna develop their own flavor of usb pinout :D

Me neither and good call because if it were able to be connected to a TV then I'd remove the battery and plug straight into a power socket...... Just as I do with my laptop at home.

you can do both.. just to clarify, there should be power adapter between wall socket and the camera ;)

Just so you know... many devices will refuse to power up if there isn't battery attached. It acts as a "capacitor" for power spikes that cannot be handled that well by electronics of the camera / charger. And lets be honest, most of chinese power adaptors are not that good.

Back