New 0906 hardwire kit

Yep it will be fine and if you think it is draining the battery just switch parking mode off in the camera menu. I've had an 0806 for about 3 years with no parking mode and can't say I have missed not having it.

I have one of my new 0906 installed with the old power supply and haven't had time to install the new hardwire kit yet.

Just a FYI for the Hardwire Kit.
I did some bench testing with a calibrated Power Supply, and found that that actual voltage at which the Hardwire Kit turns OFF the 0906 is lower than the voltage selected. The Voltage at which the Hardwire Kit turns ON the 0906 is very close to the Set Voltage. Here are the results of my tests.

Set Voltage = 12.4 Actual turnoff Voltage = 12.1 Actual turnon Voltage = 12.4
Set Voltage = 12.2 Actual turnoff Voltage = 11.9 Actual turnon Voltage = 12.1
Set Voltage = 12.0 Actual turnoff Voltage = 11.7 Actual turnon Voltage = 11.9
Set Voltage = 11.8 Actual turnoff Voltage = 11.5 Actual turnon Voltage = 11.7

Most likely this varies from Kit to Kit due to the tolerance of the components.

RodeoGeorge

Most likely this varies from Kit to Kit due to the tolerance of the components.

components tolerance will bring 0.2v difference.

and also consider the voltage meter tolerance

The new one is certainly better, but I dont see any point going below 12V though.

The new one is certainly better, but I dont see any point going below 12V though.

just for the ones who want to share 80% Acid power to the dash cameras.

and it is also a compromise to other hardwire kits which cut off at 11.5V. (we even tested some ones which cut off at 10.5V)

Thanks for the replay @Rayman.Chan. Going below is a bad idea on lead acid batteries no matter what other manufacturers do (one should not do something bad just because "everyone else does it". :)

Anyway, I'm please to see that the new kit is well built and has sensible selectable cut-off values, great work!

It would seem estore009 aren't shipping this to the UK - are there any sources who will?

I bought 3 from estore009 and shipped to UK. I'm sure Vicky will provide a link to the eBay item in the UK

Back