New A118C doesn't store time and date

Wisd0m

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi.

I just bought a A118c and installed it in my car, but the date and time keeps resetting to 01.01.2016. My guessing is that it is something wrong with the RTC battery, since the time and date get resetted when the car is turned off. Is the RTC battery on the A118c rechargeable, or do I need to replace it? Anyone had the same issue and fixed it?

Hi.

I just bought a A118c and installed in my car, but the dates keeps resetting to 01.01.2016. My guessing is that it is something wrong with the RTC battery, since the time and date get resetted when the car is turned off. Is the RTC battery on the A118c rechargable, or do I need to replace it? Anyone had the same issue and fixed it?

yes it's most likely (99.9% at least) a hardware problem, which camera did you buy, do you have a link?

ok, that's the copy version, still a hardware problem though so you'll need to talk to the seller about warranty, not sure how you'll go with that, if it comes to it and you have the tools you can replace the RTC cell and it should be ok

Back