New car - old camera

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
I parked next to a shiny new Tesla today and was slightly surprised to see an old, battered Mobius 1 in the windscreen. It looks like the battery has swollen and popped the case, but the owner has simply put some zip-ties around it and carried on :eek:

1665662978497.png

I hope that the owner has good insurance & Elon does not see this image.

Might not pay up after the vehicle catches fire.
:)

Still... the owner may have already replaced the failed battery & installed a larger one.
Hence, the need for the cable/zip ties.

I parked next to a shiny new Tesla today and was slightly surprised to see an old, battered Mobius 1 in the windscreen. It looks like the battery has swollen and popped the case, but the owner has simply put some zip-ties around it and carried on :eek:
correct me if im wrong but it looks like the plastic at the front of the camera has warped:eek:

correct me if im wrong but it looks like the plastic at the front of the camera has warped:eek:
I think you are referring to the mount that the camera slides into? Yes, that appears to have deformed too.

My mobius 1 plastic cases all get oily and dust stick to it, so i ordered new cases and replaced.
When they were fitted with batteries and the batteries died, the camera still works and records except for the last clip.
Reliability wise Mobius 1 is great.

I ordered a couple of housings too. The front Mobius case and cradle were a mess. The ones I received are also a bit sticky but still in good shape. The internals will definitely outlast the shell.

Back