"New dash cam on the market" thread or section missing.

country_hick

Reaction score
Country
United States
When a new dashcam model is released how can we find out about it?

It seems like a section should exist showing newly released models. That way those who want to test the waters can find and try the latest and greatest. Hopefully they can also report back whether that dashcam does well or is disappointing.

To me allowing dashcam sellers to introduce a new model with sample pictures and videos would be helpful. However, the rules would need to be clear NOT to allow links for any specific vendor in this section. This section should be informational not marketing.

Because tests could and probably would happen in a short time maybe having an automatic 60 or 90 day thread expiration tool would make sense. After all, who wants to see a thread showing that brand new introduction of a dash cam from 2010 today?

I thought about this because 2 members have mentioned they have dashcams in development. When those dashcams finally are ready for market it would be helpful to know they are available. Posting that fact in a section just for that purpose would remove some questions like "Is it ready yet?". It would also help people to find that dashcam when it does not yet have a section dedicated to it because it is to new.

One member said he might have a newer better dash cam in the 1st quarter of 2015. It would be nice to see a section that would announce that arrival when it happens.

(Originally sent to DashCamMan in a conversation before I found this section)

EDIT: I did not think about spammers. perhaps only verified members who have actually made dash cams should be able to start a thread. Or perhaps every thread should have to be moderated before it becomes live and others can see it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea. I will set it up shortly but I will need to think of the right rules for it. Don't want to turn it into just a spam forum.

If it's basically a news thread maybe one post per announcement with a link to the relevant thread where the detail is, no external links in the news thread

Anything that's new gets mentioned anyway but is spread throughout different sections of the forum so a release news thread should be just an index to help users find stuff

Better if regular users can't comment in the news thread to make sure it doesn't turn into a conversation but not sure what permission settings this forum software has if that's possible or practical at least

Saw a "New Dash Cam Announcement" and unfortunately the manufacturer's website has no info and there are no specs. Kind of a waste of my time.
Tried to reply in the sub-forum and ask, but rules are no posting is allowed there to prevent "spam".
So the announcements are spam now. Sigh.

Saw a "New Dash Cam Announcement" and unfortunately the manufacturer's website has no info and there are no specs. Kind of a waste of my time.
Tried to reply in the sub-forum and ask, but rules are no posting is allowed there to prevent "spam".
So the announcements are spam now. Sigh.

If it's missing There was a server crash and we lost 3-4 days from the database. (lost posts/messages) If it's there, just send the original poster a private message.

I think only manufacturers and sellers can post in that forum. Regular members are restricted so the forum remains on topic, but you can discuss in that cam's regular forums so no loss really.

Phil

Back