New dash cam user - Viofo A119 V2 GPS fitted to 2012+ Kia Cee'd

eezytiger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 X Boblov Viofo A119 V2 GPS from amazon.co.uk
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the dash cam world, having just received and fitted my first proper dash cam today. I have previously tested the dash cam waters with a GoPro Session, but there was so much wrong with that setup that it was never going to last.

I've been lurking here for a little while and studied in depth before selecting the A119 V2 GPS. YouTube and sites like this have been a massive aid in helping me to make my choice and to fit the dash cam myself. Thank you all. Alternatives were the A119S V2 at the cheap end of the market or going all the way to the premium end for something like a Thinkware F800 or DOD RC500S dual setup. I don't do a lot of mileage annually and my car is not exactly premium, or new, so I figured I'd stay at the budget end of the market without losing much, if anything, on image quality.

I wanted to share how nicely the A119 V2 GPS + CPL fits in the Cee'd. I'm very happy with the whole installation. I may upgrade to a hardwire kit in due course, but the accessory socket (I have two in the front) was a good enough place to start. I will no doubt upload some A119 footage soon, but my firmware V3.3 upgrade wiped all my settings so the footage I have is missing data fields, so that can follow later.

Anyway, my first post. I hope it's in the right place and useful. to some. Let me know if not. :)

Welcome to the forum! You seem to have done a nice installation, very hard to notice from outside the vehicle and also from the driver's position. Reminds very much of my own installation in a Volvo S80, except that I hardwired it to a fuse box under the dashboard.

I find the video quality from A119 outstanding in all possible light conditions, especially with the CPL filter.

A good cam, a very nice install, and here's a welcome to DCT :D Glad t have you along with us for the ride (y)

Phil

Thanks, guys.

The wiring currently goes right across the fuse box, so switching to hard wiring would be very easy, but so far I'm happy as I am. I'm not sure that I do enough mileage to keep the battery charged if I had a permanent parking mode enabled. But it certainly works, as I tried it out overnight (13 hours total) with a 10,000 mAh power bank. It was still going strong this morning with 145 new clips and 20 GB of additional files.

Back