New dashcam recommendation?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I need to get a new dashcam for my son's car. I currently have (2) mini 0806s in my 2012 CR-V. The earlier models of the 0806s had quite a few quality control issues, but these latest two, which have been in operation for about 4 months, seem pretty solid.

Should I get another mini 0806 or has this model been upgraded? BTW, I''d prefer to purchase whatever I get from a reliable and authorized US distributor. So far, I've been very happy with SpyTec, but it looks like the mini 0806 is their latest model.

I need to get a new dashcam for my son's car. I currently have (2) mini 0806s in my 2012 CR-V. The earlier models of the 0806s had quite a few quality control issues, but these latest two, which have been in operation for about 4 months, seem pretty solid.

Should I get another mini 0806 or has this model been upgraded? BTW, I''d prefer to purchase whatever I get from a reliable and authorized US distributor. So far, I've been very happy with SpyTec, but it looks like the mini 0806 is their latest model.

The manufacturer of the mini 0806 does have a nano dash cam coming out soon I believe. We carry our own version of the Mini 0806. The Mini 0806 has been been continuously tweaked throughout its lifetime, so I believe as long as it keeps doing well the manufacturer will continue to implement "upgrades" and with the pressure of the resellers to continually push the factory to improve. Communication with the factory is key and this forum does well with addressing issues.

I just contacted Spytec. They do not carry the 0826. Their latest Mini is the 0806. Spytec claims they have had no problems with the 0806, but they were not able to tell me if all their Mini products came from the same manufacturer. Hence, I am still not certain which Dashcam to buy.

Several posts on this forum have referred to Spytec as a manufacturer. It is not. SPYTEC, at least the Spytec I contacted, is simply a distributor. From a quality viewpoint, it would be nice to know if all their Mini came from the same manufacturer.

I just contacted Spytec. They do not carry the 0826. Their latest Mini is the 0806. Spytec claims they have had no problems with the 0806, but they were not able to tell me if all their Mini products came from the same manufacturer. Hence, I am still not certain which Dashcam to buy.

Several posts on this forum have referred to Spytec as a manufacturer. It is not. SPYTEC, at least the Spytec I contacted, is simply a distributor. From a quality viewpoint, it would be nice to know if all their Mini came from the same manufacturer.

No, spytec is not the manufacturer. MEGtech is. There have been some other sketchy factories that we have encountered that have claimed to be the source of the mini 0806, but I will not name them. Someone is clearly lying.

As this forum suggests, there are plenty wrong with the mini 0806 even from spytec, and that is to be expected with any product. With that said, we are certain that the majority of the mini 0806 you find out there are from MEGtech.

Also, the mini 0826 is from skyhigh. Another factory.

No, spytec is not the manufacturer. MEGtech is. There have been some other sketchy factories that we have encountered that have claimed to be the source of the mini 0806, but I will not name them. Someone is clearly lying.

As this forum suggests, there are plenty wrong with the mini 0806 even from spytec, and that is to be expected with any product. With that said, we are certain that the majority of the mini 0806 you find out there are from MEGtech.

Also, the mini 0826 is from skyhigh. Another factory.

Thank you for the reply. Buying a dashcam is not unlike entering a maze. Appreciate your help.

GRDIAN, no matter which dashcam you decide on, you cannot go wrong with SpyTec. They are a very good reseller that stands behind its products.

I don't doubt that :) we source from MEGtech as well.

but they were not able to tell me if all their Mini products came from the same manufacturer. Hence, I am still not certain which Dashcam to buy.

depends which model, if they wanted to carry every model then they would not all be from the same manufacturer, the majority are from one source though

Several posts on this forum have referred to Spytec as a manufacturer. It is not. SPYTEC, at least the Spytec I contacted, is simply a distributor.

have never seen them referred to as a manufacturer

Back