New Feature Requests

Good work VIOFO

We're not there yet. Station mode doesn't work after the vehicle is shut off.
You want station mode working in 70 degree + temperatures?

I can't see them adding that functionality.

O come on! You don't want to hear yourself cussing and yelling at other drivers?

Honestly, you can manually disable the mic each time the car is started. I believe mic enabled by default to be fully intentional. Having audio record during an event can be a crucial piece of evidence. For instance, Mr. @mentadent was minding his own business, and he gets flagged down by the police. By having the audio disabled by default, you may not remember to enable during such critical moments.

Maybe this police officer accuses you of speeding or another traffic infraction you know is bogus. He has the wrong car, and decides to remain a prick. Or maybe the police officer accuses you of another wrong doing. Again, you have the conversation recorded.

To me, while I hate being recorded while driving, I have settled on the benefits outweigh the risk. My Dash Camera has come in handy on several occasions and I am more than happy to relinquish some personal freedoms to have the protection the cameras afford.
I agree on the audio on as default option to be the most recommended setting.

I'll give yet another example.

Something happens, maybe it's late at night. You get hit and the driver runs. The camera "maybe" is not good enough to get a clear view of the license plate, but your eyes are much better.
If you SAW the license plate before the car took off, you could simply read it out loud and it will still be recorded in the footage. Someone reviewing the video later will not be able to see the plate but the fact that you saw it yourself and there was an audio record of the plate number is better than nothing.

If the license plate or the identity of the other driver ever came into question, whatever you saw that night will have a lot of weight, particularly if you left an audio record of it. Who's gonna have better evidence than you at this point? Whoever questions what you saw will have a very hard time proving that what you saw was not accurate. If the license plate that you verbally recorded matches the make, model and color of the vehicle involved (the camera WILL capture those details), you are golden!

OK some work VIOFO
No no work.. just work for end users to figure out the issues for them, do they not have testers when they roll out new updates or something ? We have spent our money to buy the camera and are also providing our valuable in some cases i guess advise and feedback at no cost and not getting compensated, heck not even having basic feature sets enabled ... No doubt they are working on the issues, but where are things going wrong ?

No no work.. just work for end users to figure out the issues for them, do they not have testers when they roll out new updates or something ? We have spent our money to buy the camera and are also providing our valuable in some cases i guess advise and feedback at no cost and not getting compensated, heck not even having basic feature sets enabled ... No doubt they are working on the issues, but where are things going wrong ?

If these features / request were put into fluent Chinese, we may get better results. I think even with "simplified English", many of our request and results get lost in translation. It's very difficult to simply technical changes and results from testing these changes.

If these features / request were put into fluent Chinese, we may get better results. I think even with "simplified English", many of our request and results get lost in translation. It's very difficult to simply technical changes and results from testing these changes.
Oh i do not have any chinese speaking friends else could have asked them to do it for me. You think it's a language barrier ?

Oh i do not have any chinese speaking friends else could have asked them to do it for me. You think it's a language barrier ?

Definitely think it's a language barrier. In general, Chinese living in China apparently speak abysmal amounts of English.

I would say if your request was written in fluent Chinese, it would be understood and possibly worked upon.

Is it possible to make that once the camera detects motion on the inside cam, that it uploads the last video to the cloud or sends it to a specific address/server? It would be a nice feature in case someone breaks in and steals the camera, or car.

Is it possible to make that once the camera detects motion on the inside cam, that it uploads the last video to the cloud or sends it to a specific address/server? It would be a nice feature in case someone breaks in and steals the camera, or car.
The A139 does not have any cloud features so I doubt this will ever happen.

You can enable station mode and record the video stream over WiFi, such as when the car is parked on your driveway.

Unlike the blackvue, the A139 doesn't have a modem. Also, with the heat issues, running Wifi all times wouldn't be helping the matter in summer temps. While it is "possible" to enable the A139 Wifi, run station mode, and setup a hotspot within the car, I'm not sure the long term success when the temps outdoors are high. As an enclosed car gets very hot.

None the less, you could:

1. Enable Wifi
2. Enable Station Mode
3. Use a sim card router where you can port forward and allow outside access or an rooted smartphone to provide a hotspot and permit inbound traffic
4. Then remote into the camera to view footage from anywhere.

Or

5. Setup like a raspberry pi with a script to connect to Camera's Wifi. And then pull off the videos to the Raspberry Pi. (Someone here Did a similar thing). Don't ask me how....As I have no coding experience.

6. Have raspberry pi connect to a hotspot per above and "access the videos" from anywhere in the world.

is it possible to add a feature where double push (or long push) the bluetooth button would turn the A139 off?

Unlike the blackvue, the A139 doesn't have a modem. Also, with the heat issues, running Wifi all times wouldn't be helping the matter in summer temps. While it is "possible" to enable the A139 Wifi, run station mode, and setup a hotspot within the car, I'm not sure the long term success when the temps outdoors are high. As an enclosed car gets very hot.

None the less, you could:

1. Enable Wifi
2. Enable Station Mode
3. Use a sim card router where you can port forward and allow outside access or an rooted smartphone to provide a hotspot and permit inbound traffic
4. Then remote into the camera to view footage from anywhere.

Or

5. Setup like a raspberry pi with a script to connect to Camera's Wifi. And then pull off the videos to the Raspberry Pi. (Someone here Did a similar thing). Don't ask me how....As I have no coding experience.

6. Have raspberry pi connect to a hotspot per above and "access the videos" from anywhere in the world.
Hi HR, new A139 owner here!!

I've recently added the A139 to my Motorhome (RV?) and as an added bonus, I'm trying to utilise the Wifi station mode so I can 'drop in' on the Moho when it's in storage. So far, I've done many of the things you mention in your post i.e;

- A139 in wifi Station mode
- connected to my 4G 'always on' router
- RasPi running VLC to stream from the dashcam (rtsp://192.168.8.106/xxx.mov)
- Using ZeroTier VPN to run a VNC session to connect to the RasPi

It's working really well but what would be so much better is a way of automating the transfer of files in the event of a parking incident. FTP would be a good option but Viofo tell me that isnt possible. At the moment, as you know, they can just be downloaded via the http page.

If you have time, would you be able to point me in the direction of the post/ op where they have automated the downloading of files to a RasPI (I could then automate the ftp to OneDrive/ Google Drive)

TIA, Lon

I might make a script for it when I have the time/mood, but to point you in the direction I would go:

'wget' mirror mode with a filter on to filter out the Delete links, to automatically download from the device's web page (http://IPaddress lists the files and has a parking mode folder)
'rclone' to mount the Google Drive as a folder/directory

Hope that helps

Thanks for this mentadent. I've done a fair bit of VB/SQL in the past but linux stuff is brand new for me. I think I need to do a crash course!!

New A139 owner just installed this past weekend. With the geofencing option, the current area is 1KM which equals 0.6 miles. That is a large area, depending where you live, where I could be parked not only in my driveway but a couple of nearby lots where I wouldn't want to have parking mode disabled. It would be a nice enhancement to set an exact distance or allow a smaller selection to be set to leave off when in the driveway but not elsewhere.

GPS accuracy is typically within 10m, so setting to 40m (~40 yds) geofencing would be plenty to cover my driveway but allow for recording if I parked elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum GeekNJ.

I agree, geofence need to be pretty pinpoint, but i think as it is still in beta it is why it is left so large. ?

New A139 owner just installed this past weekend. With the geofencing option, the current area is 1KM which equals 0.6 miles. That is a large area, depending where you live, where I could be parked not only in my driveway but a couple of nearby lots where I wouldn't want to have parking mode disabled. It would be a nice enhancement to set an exact distance or allow a smaller selection to be set to leave off when in the driveway but not elsewhere.

GPS accuracy is typically within 10m, so setting to 40m (~40 yds) geofencing would be plenty to cover my driveway but allow for recording if I parked elsewhere.
Sometimes there are not many satellites about, plus atmospheric conditions are poor, plus there is a solar storm, plus some people live in the far north where GPS accuracy is poor. So I think 40m radius is actually on the low side, no need for a whole km though! I'd go for 100m, although of course for some people, 100m is still well within their property!

Welcome to the forum :)

Back