New Firmware for 808 #18 DR32

I hope the manufacturer is working on improving the firmware to get the audio as it is depicted in the selling point videos

The one I talked to said that the engineers are working on it.

Mikk36 said:

are they still planning to add a vertical flip function, or has the sound issue put everything else on hold?

andrew73 said:
Mikk36 said:

are they still planning to add a vertical flip function, or has the sound issue put everything else on hold?
I will pass on the question.

Mikk36 said:
andrew73 said:
Mikk36 said:

I will pass on the question.

thanks, very important to me as my camera is mounted upside down, to get the lens higher up. Couldn't care less about the sound as mine is switched off!

DR32.jpg

Lots of people will want this function to mount the camera on dashboards, bicycle handlebars etc.

I received two emails this weekend in regards to the camera audio, It doesn't look too promising that they are going to improve the audio any further. I was going to purchase 3 more of these camera's but seeing that they don't want to stand behind their product I will find a different camera. Below are the two emails.

April 21, 2013
From hxelepro@gmail.com

Dear ,
Hi.
Yes,it is indeed the update from April 19, 2013.If in furture we have new firmware for update,we will let you know, my dear friend.
You have received the adhesive holder.Hope you like it.
Could you please help me close the case in eBay now?
Thank you so much in advance.

Wish you have a really great time! :)

April 22, 2013
From hxelepro@gmail.com

Dear ,

Hello

Thanks for the response.

You already used the audio firmware,the noisy audio already deleted.Is there still anything wrong?

I watched hundreds of youtube videos with dashcams recordings. The actual firmware is not bad compared to others. I know for example the Itronics ITB-100HD have low sound level and people are not happy with it and Itronics never improved that part.
The actual sound quality is not a reason to open a case on ebay.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I watched hundreds of youtube videos with dashcams recordings. The actual firmware is not bad compared to others. I know for example the Itronics ITB-100HD have low sound level and people are not happy with it and Itronics never improved that part.
The actual sound quality is not a reason to open a case on ebay.

enjoy,
Mtz

I disagree! I opened the ebay case the same day I received the camera, check out hxelepro videos that they have as a demonstration. The audio is excellent, I don't believe you can compare it with other camera's given the fact that Techmoan's video and the video in the auctions have excellent video & AUDIO in comparison to what the actual audio of the camera's that we all received actually is. If the audio isn't meant to be excellent like in the videos they have advertised than they should remake a video to what it actually is.

Like all products that come from China to the USA, "you get what you pay for". This is just another example of where they are going to call it good enough and not stand behind their product.

My idea was after the firmware update. Before it, I agree, the sound was not correct and should be reported to the seller.
That seller have no reason to try sending a camera with bad audio. If it were with poor chipset, lens, battery you can blame him he is trying to cheat you or to sell China **** to USA buyers, but I don't see how he can make some profit with a poor audio.

Judging from the date of the firmware, I think he sold the camera with a newer firmware which was not tested. After the reports, he sent to people the oldest firmware which was used in the Techmoan review and their Youtube videos. I don't know the truth, is a supposition.

If you want to hate, you can hate and open a case because the charger cable is not perfect black color.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
My idea was after the firmware update. Before it, I agree, the sound was not correct and should be reported to the seller.
That seller have no reason to try sending a camera with bad audio. If it were with poor chipset, lens, battery you can blame him he is trying to cheat you or to sell China **** to USA buyers, but I don't see how he can make some profit with a poor audio.

Judging from the date of the firmware, I think he sold the camera with a newer firmware which was not tested. After the reports, he sent to people the oldest firmware which was used in the Techmoan review and their Youtube videos. I don't know the truth, is a supposition.

If you want to hate, you can hate and open a case because the charger cable is not perfect black color.

enjoy,
Mtz

It's not the matter of the sellers profit nor does it mean that I have feelings of hate, I don't know were your coming from saying I hate someone because I opened an Ebay dispute. The fact IS the product being sold should give the same results as being advertised in the auction. Your lower standards of what you expect of a product advertised is no doubt appreciated by sellers. When I buy a product I expect it to preform AS ADVERTIZED.

gobbertinker said:
I was going to purchase 3 more of these camera's but seeing that they don't want to stand behind their product I will find a different camera.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face? Good luck finding a better dashcam for the money, I'm impressed they released a fix so quickly.

They didn't fix it properly, its still not as advertised.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jazzist said:

I agree, it's like fixing your bumper back on with cable ties - the bumper will stay in place - but it's still loose.

I cannot understand how it is that the units used for the advert & techmoan's unit perform so much better - almost like someone deleted the master copy of the firmware, realised their mistake & used a backup copy they made last year! :?:

sludgeguts said:
Jazzist said:

I agree, it's like fixing your bumper back on with cable ties - the bumper will stay in place - but it's still loose.

I cannot understand how it is that the units used for the advert & techmoan's unit perform so much better - almost like someone deleted the master copy of the firmware, realised their mistake & used a backup copy they made last year! :?:

I think anyone that has bought one and is not happy with how it performs compared to how they were lead to believe it was going to perform has a right to return it, that said though it is a first release of this model and when you do something new sometimes stuff like this happens, at least they have a track record of doing firmware updates for their other products so they obviously have some resources they can put toward getting this sorted, they haven't really had a lot of time since release to get this fixed

firmware updates is a never ending process it seems, I've had 4 release versions and about 12 betas in the last 6 months and I'm still doing things to fix stuff I'm either not happy with or to add functionality, it's very time consuming work, bug fixes in particular can take a lot of time to sort

A user posted some screenshots regarding audio software which analyze the DR32 audio.
The best for now is to compare their official audio videos with the latest firmware.
Based on that screenshots you can still report the audio problems if they are.

I hear some sound squeaks also in the original sellers videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

andrew73 said:
thanks, very important to me as my camera is mounted upside down, to get the lens higher up. Couldn't care less about the sound as mine is switched off!

[thumbnail]http://www.hassallcastle.talktalk.net/dashcam/DR32.jpg[/thumbnail]

Lots of people will want this function to mount the camera on dashboards, bicycle handlebars etc.
It was said to be in plans/development.

Also, it's still in plans to improve audio.

andrew73 said:
gobbertinker said:
I was going to purchase 3 more of these camera's but seeing that they don't want to stand behind their product I will find a different camera.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face? Good luck finding a better dashcam for the money, I'm impressed they released a fix so quickly.

Apparently your not reading all the posts here! the fact of the matter is that the audio of the camera is not as it is depicted in the video's that are posted in the auction. Impressed with the speed of a fix? I'm not at all impressed seeing that there HAD to be a fix a all, I expected the product to be as it was described in the auction and depicted in the video. Example just for you: I'm selling a GPS unit and I say in the auction that it is new, I send it to the buyer and it is actually a used GPS that is in very good condition. Don't you think the buyer is going to be a little pissed for the fact that he received a used GPS and it wasn't a new GPS like was DESCRIBED in the auction. If this is a new camera that they just released than they should have tested it before putting it out on the market for consumers to purchase and deal with. It doesn't say anywhere in the auction that when buying this camera you agree to the terms of testing the camera or to be our guinea pig for our marketing purposes.

My camera has froze up 3 times since the firmware update was done! has anyone else had this problem?

gobbertinker said:
My camera has froze up 3 times since the firmware update was done! has anyone else had this problem?

Not here, but I've only been using it in ~25 minute stretches with lots of on/off.

By chance did you remove the firmware file from the SD card? I know I did on mine.

Back