New Firmware Update?

Manfonse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This camera has not had an update in a long time. Have they washed their hands of this. Nothing but hassle from this unit.

Hello,

Our Development Team are currently working on a firmware update for the 622GW. This should be released shortly.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Manfose,

Checking in, just purchased the 622gw yesterday and it came with RO6.4

What firmware did you have when you posted this thread?

Curious what "released shortly" translates to as its about 6 weeks since Nextbase Support responded.

Wondering what is being worked out in the next update.

Thank you!

I’m still on 6.4
It’s been that for a long time now. Looks like they have give up. I check few times a week for an update. Still nothing.

There is a new firmware update 10.4 for the 622GW.

Has anyone tried it or know if there's a change log ?

There is a new firmware update 10.4 for the 622GW.

Has anyone tried it or know if there's a change log ?
Are you sure about this. I’m still on 6.4 and check daily for updates. Its unusual that they would jump from 6.4 to 10.4
U sure u got the right model?

10.4 it is :

Dated 16th Sep

0 nb 10 4.jpg

Hi,

I can confirm that the latest firmware for the 622GW is R10.4, which is currently on staged release. This may not be available to all your mobile or computer devices yet, however if you wish to update manually this can be done on the 622GW Support Page.

The release notes for the R10.4 firmware are:

•Improvements to Bluetooth reconnection performance
•Rear Window Camera image sharpness improvements when recording at 4K 30FPS and 1440P 60FPS
•Addition of some Eastern European languages
•Improvements to MyNextbase Connect connectivity
•Improvements to language translations
•For the small amount of users that experienced the issue-Fixed a bug where the Dash Cam would freeze in some instances when EIS was turned on
•Wi-Fi download connectivity improvements
•Various small bug fixes and performance improvements

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi,

I can confirm that the latest firmware for the 622GW is R10.4, which is currently on staged release. This may not be available to all your mobile or computer devices yet, however if you wish to update manually this can be done on the 622GW Support Page.

The release notes for the R10.4 firmware are:

•Improvements to Bluetooth reconnection performance
•Rear Window Camera image sharpness improvements when recording at 4K 30FPS and 1440P 60FPS
•Addition of some Eastern European languages
•Improvements to MyNextbase Connect connectivity
•Improvements to language translations
•For the small amount of users that experienced the issue-Fixed a bug where the Dash Cam would freeze in some instances when EIS was turned on
•Wi-Fi download connectivity improvements
•Various small bug fixes and performance improvements

Kind regards,
Millie

I was wondering why i could not see it in the app under firmware update. Ill do it manually.

Thanks

Update to 10.4 via the App.

Went smoothly, no issue so far apart from the Alexa ICON keeps reappearing each time my phone connects. Is there a way to disable this permanently?

Update to 10.4 via the App.

Went smoothly, no issue so far apart from the Alexa ICON keeps reappearing each time my phone connects. Is there a way to disable this permanently?
I can’t update through the app. it’s says I’m on the latest 6.4 I’m using iPhone.

I updated via Mac, although my rear camera does not work anymore during live view. It works ok and records on the unit, but since the update i can only see the front camera on live view,

I updated via Mac, although my rear camera does not work anymore during live view. It works ok and records on the unit, but since the update i can only see the front camera on live view,

I have a rearview module attached and can select front or rear from live view in the app on iPhone on 10.4.

I'm a little confused as to the Firmware. I just got my 622GW and the app says it is on firmware 7.0. The app says I am on the latest. This thread mentions 10.4 but the nextbase site says it is 6.4. The date of release for the 6.4 is 25th Jan 22 but the image a few up for the 10.4 says 16th Sept 2020.

1643563631560.png

I'm a little confused as to the Firmware. I just got my 622GW and the app says it is on firmware 7.0. The app says I am on the latest. This thread mentions 10.4 but the nextbase site says it is 6.4. The date of release for the 6.4 is 25th Jan 22 but the image a few up for the 10.4 says 16th Sept 2020.

View attachment 59724
Yes, I'm also seeing 6.4 now, so I guess Nextbase has taken down 10.4. file

Does anyone else have an issue with the WiFi speed on R10.4 ? Very slow i.e. 1mbs~, so a 360Mb 1 min video clip transfer takes ages.

Just noticed the same at my end. Even though I manually updated to 10.4 a while ago, the site did eventually show the new firmware. Now it's showing 6.4 with a release date of 25th Jan 2022 !

What the hell's going on Nextbase ?

Hello,

Firmware R10.4 was pulled from release due to a small MyNextbase Connect app issue. However R10.5 is now available for download and can be downloaded from the 622GW Support Page:

Kind regards,
Millie

Back