New Firmware

Vicovation has posted new firmware for the TF2+ and the TF2 EZ on their website.
Thanks for the post. I was looking at maybe updating my TF2+P, but read the change log and am a little weary.
Improved performance of WDR is directly applied as default settings.
WDR and Vico‐Schedule features are temporarily disabled in this version.
I am a little confused. Does this mean that WDR is default set to give me the best picture during day and night, but it is not end user configurable if i update? I use WDR and Vico Schedule all the time to get a good picture over night and not have to worry about messing with settings when i come out in the morning to go out for the day.

I'd like being able to crank up the bit rate to 13 (mine is around 9 right now and un-configurable), but i don't want to loose the great picture i get at 3 in the morning even more so now with it starting to snow in case someone comes up around the corner my car is parked near and ends up putting it sideways and sliding into my car.

When I updated the firmware Vico Schedule was no longer available. WDR is default set.

When I updated the firmware Vico Schedule was no longer available. WDR is default set.
Have you noticed any difference from before and now in night time recording? Better? worse?
If you happen to have some free time could you possibly take some low light video with just a streetlight or two in view and maybe post a screen shot?

I don't mean to be a pain. I kind of want to update to get better bit rate and possibly better night time results, but I don't want to end up updating and getting stuck with un-configurable WDR that gives me worse results then before.

Thanks

Hi, I registered to the forum because it is just that I have the VICO WF1 and I tried to upgrade the fw. with wf1.bin, but after loading it onto the SD VICOwf1 I proceeded to put it on and then connecting the mini USB car adapter, after I waited about 5 minutes and seeing that white light was always on after I unplugged everything I girn on the car but the room did not emit more and more the only warning I could not find more wifi signal, I have now seen that even disconnecting the camera is still switched on does not seem to work anymore!
I wanted to know how can I fix it and why has this happened?!
I have followed the correct procedure in the pdf document, and does not work now ... nothing help!!

I do not know where to find the reset button :(, if you know tell me thanks ...:)

I do not know where to find the reset button? if you know where to find it let me know thanks ...:)

Holding the Event Button (only button on the device) for i think about 8 seconds will do a factory reset. Unless you some how bricked the device while updating the firmware.

When i updated my WF1 I put my update file on my card using an SD card adapter into my PC. I then booted the device and waited until I got the voice prompt Recording Started before i did anything else. It took a little less then 5 mins although I think that is what the manual says. 5 mins

Holding the Event Button (only button on the device) for i think about 8 seconds will do a factory reset. Unless you some how bricked the device while updating the firmware.

When i updated my WF1 I put my update file on my card using an SD card adapter into my PC. I then booted the device and waited until I got the voice prompt Recording Started before i did anything else. It took a little less then 5 mins although I think that is what the manual says. 5 mins

I did this when I thought I had a problem. It ended up being I accidentally forgot I formatted the microSD card NTFS for another Windows install test my roommate was doing. When the card is not formatted correctly, the WiFi SSID is never broadcast. It was a catch 22, can't format the card when I can't connect via WiFi, and Can't connect to WiFi because card was formatted NTFS.

So in summary, I still could't connect after the factory reset. (until I re-formatted the card FAT in windows) I knew factory reset took place though since my voices were muted and it started talking again after the reset.

I do not know where to find the reset button? if you know where to find it let me know thanks ...:)
If you get a chance post back and let us know if anything worked and if what I nor what JazJon has mentioned fixed your problem hopefully we can offer other advice to help get your WF1 working.
The newest firmware does seem to make night time recording better then the firmware that came on the devices when they shipped so updating is defiantly recommend on the WF1.

Also make sure you have the latest version of VicoViewer installed on your Android or iOS device. If you happen to be on Android and run a prior App version you may experience some App issues. Like wise if you are on an older version of iOS you may also experience problems with VicoViewer

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, I tried to reset by holding down the button for the key turned on WF1 8 seconds but nothing works indeed if I remove the power cord is the white light always on until the batteries die inside, but it does not work no more!! !

I attach the video ...

I attach the video

I just made a video that I will post in a second as soon as it uploads. I meant to mention this in the video, but you can not unplug a WF1 or TF2 while trying to update or use. They don't use batteries. I think they have just enough power to finish saving if you are in an accident and hit Event Record, but loose power in your car.

Video might still take a second to process on YouTube.

NO! I have not disconnected I showed you that is always on even if I disconnect and makes no brochure and the wifi did not "exist" .. as it is locked, but this did since before when I had tried to update (and it never has been unplugged for about 5 minutes good good ... but then I realized that the light was always lit. ..
Anyway thanks you are very kind to give explanations, but now I do not know how to operate the WF1 ... : ((

NO! I have not disconnected I showed you that is always on even if I disconnect and makes no brochure and the wifi did not "exist" .. as it is locked, but this did since before when I had tried to update (and it never has been unplugged for about 5 minutes good good ... but then I realized that the light was always lit. ..
Anyway thanks you are very kind to give explanations, but now I do not know how to operate the WF1 ... : ((

In fact, to me it makes even the most vocal Ad ..

I just made a video that I will post in a second as soon as it uploads. I meant to mention this in the video, but you can not unplug a WF1 or TF2 while trying to update or use. They don't use batteries. I think they have just enough power to finish saving if you are in an accident and hit Event Record, but loose power in your car.

Video might still take a second to process on YouTube.

In fact, to me it makes even the most vocal Ad ..:(

So I took the plunge.
I updated my TF2 to the current Firmware downloaded directly from Vico's site.
Unfortunately my speculations were confirmed. I have not been able to test it to much this week because I have been a bit busy. At first few glances my TF2 now looks darker at night for my particular night time application, but to be fair I need to take some time and give it a fair go through as well witch I hope to do in the next few days here.

However it does not seem as dark as my WF1 and day time performance is as amazing as always with both devices.
Both cameras also do well at night when there is decent lighting around (headlights decently lit roads)
VicoVation has been doing great job in terms of listening to what their customers want and fixing issues so I am going to ride this firmware out with some faith in VicoVation in hope that manual setting WDR and Vico Seclude make a return in the next Firmware release

So I took the plunge.
I updated my TF2 to the current Firmware downloaded directly from Vico's site.
Unfortunately my speculations were confirmed. I have not been able to test it to much this week because I have been a bit busy. At first few glances my TF2 now looks darker at night for my particular night time application, but to be fair I need to take some time and give it a fair go through as well witch I hope to do in the next few days here.

However it does not seem as dark as my WF1 and day time performance is as amazing as always with both devices.
Both cameras also do well at night when there is decent lighting around (headlights decently lit roads)
VicoVation has been doing great job in terms of listening to what their customers want and fixing issues so I am going to ride this firmware out with some faith in VicoVation in hope that manual setting WDR and Vico Seclude make a return in the next Firmware release

HELP FOR ME!!!

NO! I have not disconnected I have shown that it is always off, and even if it does brochures and the wifi does not "exist" .. as it is locked, but this was the first, when I tried to update (and has never been off for about 5 minutes good good ... but then I realized that the light was always ...

In fact, I no longer work even more vocal announcement!

HOW DO I SOLVE!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E TF2+ 4
N TF2+ 56
Back